Rubicon Pharmacies is currently accepting resumes for a Vice President, Pharmacy. Join our dynamic and growing retail pharmacy organization, which has over 100 locations across Western Canada!
Reporting directly to the Chief Operations Officer, the Vice President, Pharmacy will focus on defining the vision for all aspects of Pharmacy in the business, ensuring that the operation provides high quality care and customer service, competes effectively in the marketplace, achieves sustained & profitable growth, and optimizes the use of its human, physical, and financial capital within the framework of legislative requirements, and Rubicon policies and programs. This position requires travel and the successful candidate can be located anywhere throughout Alberta or Saskatchewan.
Applicants should possess superior communication and customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and blend well as part of a team.
Only those that qualify for an interview will be contacted.
JOB DESCRIPTION: VICE PRESIDENT, PHARMACY
Objective: This Senior Leadership position is responsible for defining the vision for all aspects of Pharmacy in the business, ensuring that the operation provides high quality care and customer service, competes effectively in the marketplace, achieves sustained & profitable growth, and optimizes the use of its human, physical, and financial capital within the framework of legislative requirements, and Rubicon policies and programs.
- Articulate an inspirational vision for the sites. Regularly communicate Rubicon’s mission, strategic plan goals, and accomplishments to the store level.
- Under the direction of the C.O.O., develop retail pharmacy operational strategies to ensure Rubicon’s mission and financial objectives are developed and achieved.
- Provide overall leadership to Pharmacy management, including those with retail, long-term care sites, and fulfillment focus. Set the standards for achievement, growth and leadership.
- Communicate with all departments to collaboratively resolve any opportunities or issues. Solicits new or prospective business by participating in company meetings and presentations when necessary, and in other market area activities to develop and foster the Company’s recognition within the community.
- Monitor financials and key performance indicators including but not limited to labour, supplies, pharmacy services, sales, inventory, and company assets. Supports preparation of annual budget and forecasts by providing input to Executive management.
- Evaluate key metrics and adjusts activities to meet or exceed performance expectations. Coordinates with other departments or third parties as necessary to ensure upgrades and repairs are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure the satisfaction of customers and the long-term development of a profitable customer base through building and maintaining strong relationships with key partners. Build collaborative relationships with key players from varying banner programs.
- Work with store pharmacy management to develop culture both in and across stores within Rubicon. Promote an environment where inter-store collaboration, best-practice and idea sharing to build a supportive team across our network.
- Oversee and provide direction to the Pharmacy Program Specialist to integrate Simpl into all aspects of the business, including culture and everyday practices.
- Ensure stores are focused on regulatory and policy compliance related to pharmacy standards, employment standards, human rights, environmental, food safety (where applicable), as well as occupational health and safety.
- Ensure stores comply with all Rubicon policies procedures and best practices, and develop a process to audit compliance levels.
- Ensure the stores are adequately staffed with well-trained and highly competent people. Support the personal and professional development of region top talent through Rubicon’s talent management & learning & development processes. Partner with educational institutions to ensure new graduates are selected for hire.
- Maximize the performance of employee group through effective leadership, motivation, communication and Rubicon performance management practices.
- Continually develop self through participating in and applying learnings from training opportunities, mentor/peer relationships, readings, etc.
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited university.
- Ten (10)+ years of progressive Pharmacy management experience overseeing multiple business units or sites.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing operational plans to further the field of Pharmacy and deliver on business objectives.
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence.