Rubicon Pharmacies is currently accepting resumes for a Part-time Tim Hortons Baker to work at our location in Gimli, Manitoba. This position will work 24 hours per week. Sunday 5 am to 1 pm; Monday 9 am to 5 pm and Saturday 4 am to 12noon. Shift times will be flexible between these hours.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of quality finished bakery of all Tim Horton’s products by following production charts. The top priority of the Baker is guest satisfaction by ensuring that the bakery items are of quality and meet established standards. Bake mixed dough and batters. Prepare dough for pies, bread, rolls, and sweet goods, batters for muffins, cookies, and cakes, and icings and frostings according to recipes or special customer orders.
Applicants should be responsible, reliable, and can work alone; Possess superior communication skills, a strong work ethic, and blend well as part of a team. Preference will be given to applicants with previous experience in food services.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Production Team Member (Baker)
OBJECTIVE: The Production Team Member is responsible for the preparation and monitoring of products to support the Exceptional Guest Experience through the delivery of quality products and service.
Hospitality & Guest Service
- Provides important visual cues for guests that make a positive first impression E.g., wearing proper career wear that is clean and neatly pressed, maintaining a clean parking lot/exterior, and a clean and inviting dining room.
- Follows the guaranteed Always Fresh procedure to ensure coffee and products are always fresh and always accurate; adheres to product shelf-life standards to ensure the best quality product is available to guests.
- Delivers consistent and outstanding guest service by maintaining a showcase that is appealing for guests and contains the minimum quantity and variety standards to ensure proper product selection is available.
- Enhances the guest experience through friendly attitude, attentive behavior, and following the S.E.T. Principles: Smile, Eye Contact, Thank You
- Uses proper procedures to ensure the accuracy of every order for every guest; prepares and finishes products to ensure quality standards are met.
- Helps support speed of service targets by working quickly and efficiently to fill orders and meet guest’s needs.
- Promptly executes service recovery for any guest concerns or complaints by making it right with the guest, regardless of involvement in the issue.
- Listens carefully to guests and apologizes for the experience in the case of a complaint.
- Follows all Operations standards and guidelines for the preparation of products and operation of equipment, according to training and operational materials provided.
- Monitor fridge and freezer product inventory and submits order quantities.
- Prepares all products as required, minimizing food waste through the production of smaller quantities of food more often throughout the day, records prepared items and waste on the production sheet.
- Receives and responds to showcase and product needs from the Restaurant Front.
- Assists in serving guests in the Restaurant Front when necessary.
- Regularly takes temperatures of the required products, fridges, and freezers and records information in the Time & Temperature Log
Policies & Procedures
- Follows all restaurant policies, procedures, and standards.
- Supports a clean environment that is ready for rush periods and time-sensitive requests through regular clean up, organization, and stocking of the kitchen.
- Follows proper hand washing techniques and all sanitation guidelines; completes all sanitation tasks as outlined by the Restaurant Manager or Restaurant Owner
Health & Safety
- Works in compliance with occupational health and safety legislation
- Knows, understands, and follows safe work practices and procedures.
- Uses or wears personal protective equipment or clothing as required.
- Reports all injuries/illnesses, accidents, unsafe conditions, security incidents, and any contravention of health and safety legislation, policies, and procedures to the Restaurant Manager or Restaurant Owner
- Does not operate any equipment, machine, device, or thing, or otherwise work in a manner that will endanger anyone.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in the Food Services Industry is preferred.
- Mature and co-operative attitude.
- Must possess reliable transportation.