Rubicon Pharmacies is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Staff Pharmacist to work at Pharmasave #427 in Estevan, SK. The successful candidate must be available to work 40 hours per week. The store is open Monday to Saturday from 9am to 9pm and Sunday from 12pm to 9pm.
Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager, the Staff Pharmacist is responsible for ensuring professional dispensing and pharmacy practices, while maintaining high levels of customer service. The Staff Pharmacist also provides coverage in the absence of the Pharmacy Manager.
We offer competitive employment packages, including benefits & pension, and added incentives for certain markets. Rubicon strongly supports internal movement across and upward in our growing network. We believe in helping you achieve your career goals, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance at the same time.
Rubicon is a growing company with over 100 locations throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Rubicon operates its stores within the Pharmasave, PharmaChoice, Value Drug Mart, Remedy’s RX and IDA franchise systems.
Rubicon provides an alternative route for pharmacists, allowing them the opportunity to own their own future. We provide our teams with an extensive support network, and a variety of clinical programs, best-practices, and tools to succeed. Investing in innovations such as central-fill models and automated dispensing technology, allows local pharmacy teams more opportunity to focus on providing personalized, patient-centered care, while building adherence. Rubicon has embraced practice innovations and will continue developing programs and services to support our local pharmacy teams.
JOB DESCRIPTION: STAFF PHARMACIST
OBJECTIVE: To ensure professional dispensing and pharmacy practices. Assume store supervision in
the absence of management.
All dispensing functions performed by the pharmacist must be carried out in accordance with provincial
regulations and standards of practice.
- Receive written, verbal and refill prescription orders, ensuring legality of such orders.
- Determine the drug, strength and dosage to be dispensed.
- Consult and maintain the patient’s prescription profile, as required by provincial regulations,
ensuring that no interactions will occur.
- Supervise and personally check where necessary, all dispensing duties carried out by a
- Personally, check the original container, prescription container contents and prescription label.
- Ensure proper recording of prescriptions, including narcotic, controlled drugs and poison records.
- Courteously advise the patient regarding directions, storage and precautions required. Provide
additional counselling as required.
- Offer information and recommendations regarding OTC’s and non-prescription products.
Rubicon Pharmacies is committed to the advancement of the profession of pharmacy. It is our hope that
all of our pharmacists assist in and promote the professional development of the profession of pharmacy
through the offering of medication reviews, community based and individualized clinical interventions,
such as the PACT program for smoking cessation.
C. PHARMACY OPERATIONS
- Ensure that the pharmacy area is kept clean, neat and organized.
- Ensure proper operation of the pharmacy computer.
- Carry out all third-party billing procedures.
- Carry out all nursing home dispensing and billing procedures.
- Develop knowledge of all community doctors.
D. STORE OPERATIONS
- In the absence of the Store Manager/Pharmacist and the Pharmacy Manager:
- Ensure proper store opening and store closing procedures.
- Ensure proper cash control procedures including correct storage of cash drawers and floats. Handle bank deposits, including night deposits, as required.
- Ensure correct cash handling and till procedures by cashiers.
- Authorize cheques, returns, paid-outs and customer complaints, as per store policy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Licenced to practice as a pharmacist in the province.
- Some previous retail pharmacy dispensing experience preferred.
- Participate on an on-going basis, in continuing education programs for professional development.
- Professional image including pharmacy uniform, name tag and proper grooming.
- Professional attitude and ability to communicate well with customers, co-workers and suppliers.