Rubicon Pharmacies is currently accepting resumes for one full-time Senior IT Technician. The successful candidate will work 40hrs per week from Monday to Friday. There may be additional hours required depending on business need. The candidate will be based in Regina.
Reporting to the IT Specialist, the successful candidate will be responsible for project management and field supervision. They will work with our locations across western Canada to execute the overall IT plan. This position will contain job variety. Other duties related to IT deployment will be required.
Applicants should possess superior communication and customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and blend well as part of a team. Education related to Computer Science or Computer Engineering Technology is considered an asset.
The successful candidate must be willing to travel to Rubicon Pharmacies’ store locations.
Only those that qualify for an interview will be contacted.
JOB DESCRIPTION: SENIOR IT TECHNICIAN
OBJECTIVE: responsible for project management and field supervision. They will work with our locations across western Canada to execute the overall IT plan.
- Assess infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to meet necessary demands
- Manage daily operations of the IT department
- Develop new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve customer satisfaction
- Coordinate the needs of in-house IT experts, remote employees, and stores
- Protect customer data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage and other necessary means
- Assist with the installation of new hardware and software and help train employees on its use
- Manage and oversee departmental quotas
- Offer suggestions for possible upgrades and changes within the IT department
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Industry certifications will be an asset.
- Strong understanding of Windows networking, both workgroup and domain models.
- Working knowledge of retail point of sale systems would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of Power Shell, VB Scripting and Batch files and their applications.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite, including MS Access, Visio.
- Working knowledge of Cisco, VPN, Remote Access as they apply to a Windows Environment.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Professional attitude and ability to communicate clearly with clients and co-workers.
- Proven track record of maintaining IT structural integrity.
- Must be willing to travel and work extended hours.
- Class 5 Drivers License.