Neighbourly Pharmacy is looking for a Sales Clerk/Post Office Clerk to join our Prince Albert, SK location at Crescent Heights Pharmacy.
Neighbourly Pharmacy is Canada's largest and fastest-growing network of community pharmacies. With over 279 locations, our team of experienced industry leaders is passionate about providing exceptional patient care to our communities. We have been recently recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We know that our people are our most valuable asset, and we take pride in helping our employees realize their career goals.
The Sales Clerk/Post Office Clerk will assist the From Store Manager with the day-to-day operations. This position is responsible for various duties such as sorting and batching mail items, reviewing mail items for address accuracy, and operating mail processing equipment. It is also important to note this position will require a lot of bending, reaching, lifting, and the possibility of being on your feet throughout most of your shift. The Sales Clerk/Post Office Clerk will collaborate with others to provide a smooth customer experience and help promote the store throughout the neighbourhood.
- 16 to 24 hours per week.
- The usual shifts will fall between the hours of 8:00 am to 6:00 pm from Monday to Friday and 10:00 am to 6:00 pm on Saturday.
- Acknowledge and greet all customers with a smile and hello. Maintain a warm, friendly attitude toward all customers.
- Handle telephone inquiries quickly and courteously. Avoid keeping in-store customers waiting.
- This position will include job variety, and the successful candidate will work at the cash register, stock shelves, and keep the aisle tidy.
- Pay attention to store security. Follow store policy regarding the handling of shoplifters.
- Display all goods in the shop properly and arrange them so that customers can discover them quickly.
- Develop product knowledge and learn about new products. Know product locations and store layout.
- Request a cash pick-up when large sums of money are accumulated. Anticipate requirements for change before running out.
- Handle lottery and CBO tickets as per store procedures.
- Use tact and courtesy when dealing with difficult customers. Know whom to refer a customer to if they have a complaint.
- Inform the store manager of all customer complaints, comments, and concerns regarding customer service, prices, merchandise, etc.
- Maintain the store's general appearance and make sure everything is clean, restocked, and well arranged.
- Learn and utilize proper merchandising techniques such as shelf label placement, stock rotation, and facing.
- Maintain specific sections as allocated. Notify the store buyer regarding merchandise out of stock.
- Maintain product data and inventory, and make sure the reordering process is simple.
- Participate in the development and preparation of displays, windows, and seasonal promotions.
- Always keep busy and productive. When cashiering, identify tasks that can be performed between customers.
Post Office Clerk
- Ensure all customers' mail is sorted in a timely fashion.
- Sort, sequence, and batch mail items.
- Answer customer questions and concerns about their mail.
- Review mail items for address accuracy, proper postage, etc.
- Perform any combination of tasks in a post office, such as receiving letters, selling postage and revenue stamps, and stamping envelopes.
- Operate a computer to key in data.
- Send and receive money gram.
- Weigh letters and parcels; compute mailing costs based on type, weight, and destination; and affix correct postage.
- Exercise physical effort in bending, reaching, lifting, carrying, etc.
- Carry out additional duties as delegated by the Front Store Manager and Store Operator.
Qualifications & Skills:
- The successful candidate must be able to handle cash with accuracy.
- Strong computer and POS skills.
- Ability to function for an extended period while standing.
- Some customer service and cashiering experience is preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and courteously with customers.
- Ability to manage conflict and strong problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent product or service knowledge.
- Multitask and manage the demands of numerous clients at once.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Merchandising and retail experience are assets.
- Mature and cooperative attitude.
- Professional image including a name tag and proper grooming.
- The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate physical activities such as lifting, bending, etc. throughout their shift.
- Due to this position's sensitive nature, the successful candidate must provide us with a Criminal Record Check.
Neighbourly Pharmacy is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to delivering accessibility and equality to all job applicants, staff, and customers. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.