Crescent Heights Pharmacy, located in Prince Albert, SK is currently accepting resumes for a part-time Sales Clerk/Post Office position. The successful candidate must be available to work 24 hours per week. The shifts will fall on Monday and Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm; Saturday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. The successful candidate’s usual shifts will fall between these days and times.
The Sales Clerk/Post Office Clerk associate is responsible for various Front Store duties such as handling customer transactions, merchandising of products, sorting, and batching mail items, receiving and sending money grams, reviewing mail items for address accuracy, and operating mail processing equipment. The successful candidate must be able to handle cash with accuracy. It is also important to note this position will require a lot of bending, reaching, lifting, and the possibility of being on your feet throughout most of your shift.
JOB DESCRIPTION: SALES CLERK/POST OFFICE CLERK
OBJECTIVE: To carry out sales transactions courteously and accurately. To provide friendly and professional customer service. To practice effective selling techniques. Assist with housekeeping, putting out stock, and merchandising.
- Develop a clear understanding of store policies. Read the Employee’s Manual. Ask questions if in doubt regarding policies and/or procedures.
- Follow correct procedures regarding floats and cash balancing as per store policy.
- Follow correct cash procedures as outlined in the Employee’s Manual. Follow store policy regarding cheques, credit cards, refunds, voids, and rainchecks.
- Accurately record and handle all transactions with minimal voids, overages, or shortages.
- Be knowledgeable regarding sale prices and products featured in sales.
- Request a cash pick-up when large sums of money are accumulated. Anticipate requirements for change before running out.
- Courteously, quickly, and efficiently handle customer purchases. Call for additional help when a line-up or delay occurs.
- Handle lottery and CBO tickets as per store procedures.
- Handle telephone inquiries quickly and courteously. Avoid keeping in-store customers waiting.
- Return shopping carts and baskets to their proper place, ensuring an adequate supply for customers.
- Acknowledge and greet all customers with a smile and hello. Maintain a warm, friendly attitude toward all customers.
- Keep an eye open for customers who require assistance. Remember! Customers always come first.
- Develop and utilize selling techniques including features/benefits, closing, and companion sales.
- Develop product knowledge and learn about new products. Know product locations and store layout.
- Use tact and courtesy when dealing with difficult customers. Know who to refer a customer to if they have a complaint.
- Inform the store manager of all customer complaints, comments, and concerns regarding customer service, prices, merchandise, etc.
- Pay particular attention to store security. Follow store policy regarding the handling of shoplifters.
MERCHANDISING AND HOUSEKEEPING
- Learn and utilize proper merchandising techniques such as shelf label placement, stock rotation, and facing. Maintain specific sections as allocated. Notify the store buyer regarding merchandise out of stock.
- Count inventory as advised by the Front Store Manager.
- Carry out housekeeping duties, ensuring that the store is kept clean, neat, and professional. The night staff is to sweep the floor every night and mop as required.
- Keep checkouts clean and neat, allowing sufficient room for customers.
- Maintain adequate stock of checkout supplies including bags, staples, till tapes and ribbons, raincheck, charge, and refund forms.
- Always keep busy and productive. When cashiering, identify tasks that can be performed between customers.
- Carry out additional duties as delegated by the Front Store Merchandiser and Pharmacist/Store Manager.
- Sort, sequence, and batch mail items.
- Operate a computer to key in data.
- Send and receive money gram.
- Review mail items for address accuracy, proper postage, etc.
- Weigh letters and parcels; compute mailing costs based on type, weight, and destination; and affix correct postage.
- Exercise physical effort in bending, reaching, lifting, carrying, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Some cashiering or retail experience is preferred.
- Professional image including a complete, clean uniform, name tag, and proper grooming.
- Ability to communicate clearly and courteously with customers.
- Mature and cooperative attitude.
- Strong computer and POS skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, the successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check.