Pharmasave #406 located in Swift Current, SK, is currently accepting resumes for a Full-time Sales Clerk/Post Office Clerk. This position will work up to 40 hours per week. The store is open Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 12:00 midnight; Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 am to 12:00 midnight. The successful candidate’s shifts will fall between these days and times. Candidates must be flexible and able to work the day shifts and up until midnight.
The Sales Clerk is responsible for running the pharmacy cash register and performing specific dispensing functions as outlined by provincial regulations and standards of practice. The successful candidate must have great customer service skills, retail pharmacy experience, and know dispensary functions. Candidates must have a professional attitude and excellent communication skills.
The Postal Clerk is responsible for various duties such as sorting and batching mail items, receiving and sending money grams, reviewing mail items for address accuracy, and operating mail processing equipment. It is also important to note this position will require a lot of bending, reaching, lifting, and the possibility of being on your feet throughout most of your shift.
The candidate will join a pharmacy team that prides itself in delivering excellent customer service and a flexible working environment. Applicants must be motivated, possess superior organizational skills, and work well both independently and as part of a team. Preference will be given to applicants with previous experience in retail sales.
Candidates must be able to do lottery as well as cross-trained to Post Office. Supervisory abilities required.
Only those that qualify for an interview will be contacted.
JOB DESCRIPTION: SALES CLERK/ POST OFFICE CLERK
OBJECTIVES: To carry out sales transactions courteously and accurately. To provide friendly and professional customer service. To practice effective selling techniques. To assist with housekeeping, putting out stock, and merchandising.
Ensure all customers' mail is sorted in a timely fashion. Answer customer questions and concerns about their mail. Perform any combination of tasks in a post office, such as receiving letters, sell postage and revenue stamps, and stamped envelopes. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate physical activities such as lifting, bending, etc. throughout their shift.
- Develop a clear understanding of store policies. Read the Employee’s Manual. Ask questions if in doubt regarding policies and/or procedures.
- Follow correct procedures regarding floats and cash balancing as per store policy.
- Follow correct cash procedures as outlined in the Employee’s Manual. Follow store policy regarding cheques, credit cards, refunds, voids, and rainchecks.
- Accurately record and handle all transactions with minimal voids, overages, or shortages.
- Be knowledgeable regarding sale prices and products featured on sales.
- Request a cash pick-up when large sums of money are accumulated. Anticipate requirements for change before running out.
- Courteously, quickly, and efficiently handle customer purchases. Call for additional help when a line-up or delay occurs.
- Handle lottery and CBO tickets as per store procedures.
- Handle telephone inquires quickly and courteously. Avoid keeping in-store customers waiting.
- Return shopping carts and baskets to their proper place, ensuring an adequate supply for customers.
- Sort, sequence, and batch mail items
- Operate a computer to key in data
- Send and receive money gram
- Review mail items for address accuracy, proper postage, etc
- Weigh letters and parcels; compute mailing costs based on type, weight, and destination; and affix correct postage
- Exercise physical effort in bending, reaching, lifting, carrying, etc
- Acknowledge and greet all customers with a smile and hello. Maintain a warm, friendly attitude towards all customers.
- Keep an eye open for customers who require assistance. Remember! Customers always come first.
- Develop and utilize selling techniques including features/benefits, closing, and companion sales.
- Develop product knowledge and learn about new products. Know product locations and store layout.
- Use tact and courtesy when dealing with difficult customers. Know who to refer a customer to if they have a complaint.
- Inform the store manager of all customer complaints, comments, and concerns regarding customer service, prices, merchandise, etc.
- Pay particular attention to store security. Follow store policy regarding the handling of shoplifters.
MERCHANDISING AND HOUSEKEEPING
- Learn and utilize proper merchandising techniques such as shelf label placement, stock rotation, and facing. Maintain specific sections as allocated. Notify the store buyer regarding merchandise out of stocks.
- Count inventory as advised by the Front Store Manager.
- Carry out housekeeping duties, ensuring that the store is kept clean, neat, and professional. The night staff is to sweep the floor every night and mop as required.
- Keep checkouts clean and neat, allowing sufficient room for customers.
- Maintain adequate stock of checkout supplies including bags, staples, till tapes and ribbons, rain check, charge, and refund forms.
- Always keep busy and productive. When cashiering, identify tasks that can be performed between customers.
- Carry out additional duties as delegated by the Front Store Merchandiser and Pharmacist/Store Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Some cashiering or retail experience preferred.
- Professional image including a complete, clean Pharmasave uniform, name tag, and proper grooming.
- Ability to communicate clearly and courteously with customers.
- Mature and cooperative attitude.
- Ability to manage conflict and strong problem-solving abilities.
- Punctual and responsible for their assigned duties
- Strong computer and POS skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.