Pharmasave #420, located in Regina - Dewdney, SK is currently accepting resumes for a part-time Sales Clerk/Post Office position. The successful candidate will work 15 to 25 hours per week. The usual shifts will be on Thursday mornings and weekends. This store is open Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 9 pm, Friday and Saturday from 9 am to 6 pm, and on Sunday from 11 am to 5 pm. The shifts will fall between these days and times.
The Sales Clerk/Post Office is responsible for various Front Store duties such as handling customer transactions and merchandising of products. This position will also work in Post Office. Additional knowledge and/or training in Post Office is considered an asset! The successful candidate must be able to handle cash with accuracy. This position will contain job variety and the successful candidate will work at the cash register as well as stock shelves and keep the aisles neat.
The candidate will also be responsible for various duties such as sorting and batching mail items, reviewing mail items for address accuracy, and operating mail processing equipment. It is also important to note this position will require a lot of bending, reaching, lifting, and the possibility of being on your feet throughout most of your shift.
Applicants should possess superior communication and customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and blend well as part of a team. Preference will be given to applicants with previous experience in retail sales.
JOB DESCRIPTION: SALES CLERK/POST OFFICE
OBJECTIVE: To carry out sales transactions courteously and accurately. To provide friendly and professional customer service. To practice effective selling techniques. To assist with housekeeping, putting out stock, and merchandising. Ensure all customers' mail is sorted in a timely fashion. Answer customer questions and concerns about their mail. Perform any combination of tasks in a post office, such as receiving letters, selling postage and revenue stamps, and stamping envelopes. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate physical activities such as lifting, bending, etc. throughout their shift.
- Develop a clear understanding of store policies. Read the Employee’s Manual. Ask questions if in doubt regarding policies and/or procedures.
- Follow correct procedures regarding floats and cash balancing as per store policy.
- Follow correct cash procedures as outlined in the Employee’s Manual. Follow store policy regarding cheques, credit cards, refunds, voids, and rainchecks.
- Accurately record and handle all transactions with minimal voids, overages, or shortages.
- Be knowledgeable regarding sale prices and products featured in sales.
- Request a cash pick-up when large sums of money are accumulated. Anticipate requirements for change before running out.
- Courteously, quickly, and efficiently handle customer purchases. Call for additional help when a line-up or delay occurs.
- Handle lottery and CBO tickets as per store procedures.
- Handle telephone inquiries quickly and courteously. Avoid keeping in-store customers waiting.
- Return shopping carts and baskets to their proper place, ensuring an adequate supply for customers.
- Acknowledge and greet all customers with a smile and hello. Maintain a warm, friendly attitude towards all customers.
- Keep an eye open for customers who require assistance. Remember! Customers always come first.
- Develop and utilize selling techniques including features/benefits, closing, and companion sales.
- Develop product knowledge and learn about new products. Know product locations and store layout.
- Use tact and courtesy when dealing with difficult customers. Know who to refer a customer to if they have a complaint.
- Inform the store manager of all customer complaints, comments, and concerns regarding customer service, prices, merchandise, etc.
- Pay particular attention to store security. Follow store policy regarding the handling of shoplifters.
MERCHANDISING AND HOUSEKEEPING
- Learn and utilize proper merchandising techniques such as shelf label placement, stock rotation, and facing. Maintain specific sections as allocated. Notify the store buyer regarding merchandise out of stock.
- Count inventory as advised by the Front Store Manager.
- Carry out housekeeping duties, ensuring that the store is kept clean, neat, and professional. The night staff is to sweep the floor every night and mop as required.
- Keep checkouts clean and neat, allowing sufficient room for customers.
- Maintain adequate stock of checkout supplies including bags, staples, till tapes and ribbons, raincheck, charge, and refund forms.
- Always keep busy and productive. When cashiering, identify tasks that can be performed between customers.
- Carry out additional duties as delegated by the Front Store Merchandiser and Pharmacist/Store Manager.
- Sort, sequence, and batch mail items.
- Operate a computer to key in data.
- Review mail items for address accuracy, proper postage, etc.
- Weigh letters and parcels; compute mailing costs based on type, weight, and destination; and affix correct postage.
- Exercise physical effort in bending, reaching, lifting, carrying, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Some cashiering or retail experience is preferred.
- Professional image including a name tag and proper grooming.
- Ability to communicate clearly and courteously with customers.
- Mature and cooperative attitude.
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, the successful candidate must complete a criminal record check.