Royal Drug Mart, located in Melville, SK is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Sales Clerk/Giftware Buyer. This position will work 40 hours per week. The usual shifts will be Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
The Sales Clerk/Giftware Buyer is responsible for various Front Store duties such as customer transactions, product merchandising, and ordering all giftware items for the store. They will also be responsible for inventory control and merchandising duties such as setting up displays and ensuring all stock is properly priced. Their team must be knowledgeable about following proper merchandising techniques such as stock rotation and sequencing. The successful candidate must be able to handle cash with accuracy. This position will contain job variety and the successful candidate will work at the cash register as well as stock shelves and keep the aisles tidy.
JOB DESCRIPTION: SALES CLERK
OBJECTIVE: To carry out sales transactions courteously and accurately. To provide friendly and professional customer service. To practice effective selling techniques. Assist with housekeeping, putting out stock, and merchandising.
- Determine suitable product mix and place all wholesale and direct orders.
- Review all orders with sales reps before approval. Utilize a purchase order and claim form system for all transactions.
- Maintain adequate inventory levels of all giftware utilizing an inventory control system to guard against out-of-stock or overstock.
- Count all major lines once a month, for inventory and thief control. Contact sales reps if orders are needed between calls.
- Organize supplier returns. Resolve returns before orders are placed. Markdown dead stock regularly to avoid the accumulation of inventory.
- Carry out price changes and updates as required. Check prices of local competition on key items.
- Develop a clear understanding of store policies. Read the Employee’s Manual. Ask questions if in doubt regarding policies and/or procedures.
- Follow correct procedures regarding floats and cash balancing as per store policy.
- Follow correct cash procedures as outlined in the Employee’s Manual. Follow store policy regarding cheques, credit cards, refunds, voids, and rain checks.
- Accurately record and handle all transactions with minimal voids, overages, or shortages.
- Be knowledgeable regarding sale prices and products featured in sales.
- Request a cash pick-up when large sums of money are accumulated. Anticipate requirements for change before running out.
- Courteously, quickly, and efficiently handle customer purchases. Call for additional help when a line-up or delay occurs.
- Handle lottery and CBO tickets as per store procedures.
- Handle telephone inquiries quickly and courteously. Avoid keeping in-store customers waiting.
- Return shopping carts and baskets to their proper place, ensuring an adequate supply for customers.
- Acknowledge and greet all customers with a smile and hello. Maintain a warm, friendly attitude toward all customers.
- Keep an eye open for customers who require assistance. Remember! Customers always come first.
- Develop and utilize selling techniques including features/benefits, closing, and companion sales.
- Develop product knowledge and learn about new products. Know product locations and store layout.
- Use tact and courtesy when dealing with difficult customers. Know whom to refer a customer to if they have a complaint.
- Inform the store manager of all customer complaints, comments, and concerns regarding customer service, prices, merchandise, etc.
- Pay particular attention to store security. Follow store policy regarding the handling of shoplifters.
MERCHANDISING AND HOUSEKEEPING
- Learn and utilize proper merchandising techniques such as shelf label placement, stock rotation, and facing. Maintain specific sections as allocated. Notify the store buyer regarding merchandise out of stock.
- Count inventory as advised by the Front Store Manager.
- Carry out housekeeping duties, ensuring that the store is kept clean, neat, and professional. The night staff is to sweep the floor every night and mop as required.
- Keep checkouts clean and neat, allowing sufficient room for customers.
- Maintain adequate stock of checkout supplies including bags, staples, till tapes and ribbons, rain check, charge, and refund forms.
- Always keep busy and productive. When cashiering, identify tasks that can be performed between customers.
- Carry out additional duties as delegated by the Front Store Manager and Pharmacy Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Some cashiering, retail, and merchandising experience is preferred.
- Professional image including a name tag and proper grooming.
- Ability to communicate clearly and courteously with customers.
- Mature and cooperative attitude.
- Due to this position’s sensitive nature, the successful candidate must complete a Criminal Record Check.
We offer full benefits, life insurance, dental, health, employee assistance program, etc.