Valley Drug Mart, located in Fort Qu’Appelle, SK is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Sales Clerk position. This store is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 6 pm, Saturday from 8:45 am to 5:15 pm. The usual shifts will fall between these days and times. This position will work two weekends per month.
The Sales Clerk associate is responsible for various Front Store duties such as handling customer transactions and merchandising of products. The successful candidate must be able to handle cash with accuracy. This position will contain job variety and the successful candidate will work at the cash register as well as stock shelves and keep the aisles neat and tidy.
Applicants should possess superior communication and customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and blend well as part of a team. Preference will be given to applicants with previous experience in retail sales.
JOB DESCRIPTION: SALES CLERK
OBJECTIVE: To courteously and accurately carry out sales transactions. To provide friendly and professional customer service. To practice effective selling techniques. To assist with housekeeping, putting out stock and merchandising.
- Develop a clear understanding of store policies. Read the Employee’s Manual. Ask questions if in doubt regarding policies and/or procedures.
- Follow correct procedures regarding floats and cash balancing as per store policy.
- Follow correct cash procedures as outlined in the Employee’s Manual. Follow store policy regarding cheques, credit cards, refunds, voids and rainchecks.
- Accurately record and handle all transactions with minimal voids, overages or shortages.
- Be knowledgeable regarding sale prices and products featured on sales.
- Request a cash pick-up when large sums of money are accumulated. Anticipate requirements for change before running out.
- Courteously, quickly and efficiently handle customer purchases. Call for additional help when aline-up or delay occurs.
- Handle lottery and CBO tickets as per store procedures.
- Handle telephone inquires quickly and courteously. Avoid keeping in-store customers waiting.
- Return shopping carts and baskets to their proper place, ensuring an adequate supply for customers.
- Acknowledge and greet all customers with a smile and hello. Maintain a warm, friendly attitude towards all customers.
- Keep an eye open for customers who require assistance. Remember! Customers always come first.
- Develop and utilize selling techniques including features/benefits, closing and companion sales.
- Develop product knowledge and learn about new products. Know product locations and store layout.
- Use tact and courtesy when dealing with difficult customers. Know who to refer a customer to if they have complaint.
- Inform the store manager of all customer complaints, comments and concerns regarding customer service, prices, merchandise etc.
- Pay particular attention to store security. Follow store policy regarding the handling of shoplifters.
MERCHANDISING AND HOUSEKEEPING
- Learn and utilize proper merchandising techniques such as shelf label placement, stock rotation, and facing. Maintain specific sections as allocated. Notify the store buyer regarding merchandise out of stock.
- Count inventory as advised by the Front Store Manager.
- Carry out housekeeping duties, ensuring that the store is kept clean, neat, and professional. The night staff is to sweep the floor every night and mop as required.
- Keep checkouts clean and neat, allowing sufficient room for customers.
- Maintain adequate stock of checkout supplies including bags, staples, till tapes and ribbons, raincheck, charge, and refund forms.
- Keep busy and productive at all times. When cashiering, identify tasks that can be performed between customers.
- Carry out additional duties as delegated by the Front Store Merchandiser and Pharmacist/Store Manager.
You will be trained to work in the dispensary as Pharmacy Assistant, some of the duties (but not limited to) are:
Under the supervision of a pharmacist at all times.
· Receive written prescriptions from customers.
· Locate the medication, select the prescription container and count/pour the medication.
· Attach the label to the prescription container.
B. PHARMACY OPERATIONS
Perform other tasks as outlined by the pharmacy manager or staff pharmacists. Generally, to include:
· Keep all areas of the pharmacy clean, neat, and professional.
· Maintain adequate stock of pharmacy supplies.
· Assist with third-party billing.
· Set up a schedule for outdated pharmaceuticals.
· Assist with inventory control.
· Other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Some cashiering or retail experience preferred.
- Professional image including a complete, clean Pharmasave uniform, name tag, and proper grooming.
- Ability to communicate clearly and courteously with customers.
- Mature and cooperative attitude.