Pharmasave #405 in Langenburg, SK is currently accepting resumes for a part-time Sales Clerk position. This position will usually work 24 to 40 hours per week. This will be a 3-months term position with the possibility of an extension. The store is opened Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and Saturday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. The usual shifts will fall between these days and times with a Saturday rotation. Saturday availability is essential. Candidates must be 19+ as they will need to work with the liquor stock.
The Sales Clerk associate is responsible for various Front Store duties such as handling customer transactions and merchandising of products. The successful candidate must be able to handle cash with accuracy. This position will contain job variety and the successful candidate will work at the cash register as well as stock shelves and keep the aisles tidy. Applicants should possess superior communication and customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and blend well as part of a team. Preference will be given to applicants with previous experience in retail sales.
Only those that qualify for an interview will be contacted.
JOB DESCRIPTION: SALES CLERK
OBJECTIVE: To carry out sales transactions courteously and accurately. To provide friendly and professional customer service. To practice effective selling techniques. To assist with housekeeping, putting out stock, and merchandising.
- Develop a clear understanding of store policies. Read the Employee’s Manual. Ask questions if in doubt regarding policies and/or procedures.
- Follow correct procedures regarding floats and cash balancing as per store policy.
- Follow correct cash procedures as outlined in the Employee’s Manual. Follow store policy regarding cheques, credit cards, refunds, voids, and rainchecks.
- Accurately record and handle all transactions with minimal voids, overages, or shortages.
- Be knowledgeable regarding sale prices and products featured on sales.
- Request a cash pick-up when large sums of money are accumulated. Anticipate requirements for change before running out.
- Courteously, quickly, and efficiently handle customer purchases. Call for additional help when a line-up or delay occurs.
- Handle lottery and CBO tickets as per store procedures.
- Handle telephone inquires quickly and courteously. Avoid keeping in-store customers waiting.
- Return shopping carts and baskets to their proper place, ensuring an adequate supply for customers.
- Acknowledge and greet all customers with a smile and hello. Maintain a warm, friendly attitude towards all customers.
- Keep an eye open for customers who require assistance. Remember! Customers always come first.
- Develop and utilize selling techniques including features/benefits, closing, and companion sales.
- Develop product knowledge and learn about new products. Know product locations and store layout.
- Use tact and courtesy when dealing with difficult customers. Know who to refer a customer to if they have a complaint.
- Inform the store manager of all customer complaints, comments, and concerns regarding customer service, prices, merchandise, etc.
- Pay particular attention to store security. Follow store policy regarding the handling of shoplifters.
MERCHANDISING AND HOUSEKEEPING
- Learn and utilize proper merchandising techniques such as shelf label placement, stock rotation, and facing. Maintain specific sections as allocated. Notify the store buyer regarding merchandise out of stock.
- Count inventory as advised by the Front Store Manager.
- Carry out housekeeping duties, ensuring that the store is kept clean, neat, and professional. Sweep floor and mop as required.
- Keep checkouts clean and neat, allowing sufficient room for customers.
- Maintain adequate stock of checkout supplies including bags, staples, till tapes and ribbons, raincheck, charge, and refund forms.
- Keep busy and productive at all times. When cashiering, identify tasks that can be performed between customers.
- Carry out additional duties as delegated by the Front Store Manager and Pharmacist/Store Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Some cashiering or retail experience is preferred.
- Professional image including a complete, clean Pharmasave uniform, name tag, and proper grooming.
- Ability to communicate clearly and courteously with customers.
- Mature and cooperative attitude.