Balfour Drugs, located in Kipling, SK, is currently accepting resumes for a part-time Sales Clerk position. The successful candidate must be available to work 21 to 23.5 hours per week. The usual shifts will be 10am to 6pm three days a week.
The Sales Clerk associate is responsible for various Front Store duties such as handling customer transactions and merchandising of products. The successful candidate must be able to handle cash with accuracy. This position will contain job variety and the successful candidate will work at the cash register as well as stock shelves and keep the aisles neat and tidy.
Applicants should possess superior communication and customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and blend well as part of a team. Preference will be given to applicants with previous experience in retail sales.
Only those that qualify for an interview will be contacted.
JOB DESCRIPTION: SALES CLERK
OBJECTIVE: To courteously and accurately carry out sales transactions. To provide friendly and professional customer service. To practice effective selling techniques. To assist with housekeeping, putting out stock and merchandising.
- Develop a clear understanding of store policies. Read the Employee’s Manual. Ask questions if in doubt regarding policies and/or procedures.
- Follow correct procedures regarding floats and cash balancing as per store policy.
- Follow correct cash procedures as outlined in the Employee’s Manual. Follow store policy regarding cheques, credit cards, refunds, voids and rainchecks.
- Accurately record and handle all transactions with minimal voids, overages or shortages.
- Be knowledgeable regarding sale prices and products featured on sales.
- Request a cash pick-up when large sums of money are accumulated. Anticipate requirements for change before running out.
- Courteously, quickly and efficiently handle customer purchases. Call for additional help when aline- up or delay occurs.
- Handle telephone inquires quickly and courteously. Avoid keeping in-store customers waiting.
- Return shopping carts and baskets to their proper place, ensuring an adequate supply for customers.
- Acknowledge and greet all customers with a smile and hello. Maintain a warm, friendly attitude towards all customers.
- Keep an eye open for customers who require assistance. Remember! Customers always come first.
- Develop and utilize selling techniques including features/benefits, closing and companion sales.
- Develop product knowledge and learn about new products. Know product locations and store layout.
- Use tact and courtesy when dealing with difficult customers. Know who to refer a customer to if they have complaint.
- Inform the store manager of all customer complaints, comments and concerns regarding customer service, prices, merchandise etc.
- Pay particular attention to store security. Follow store policy regarding the handling of shoplifters.