Battleford Remedy’, is currently accepting resumes for a part-time Sales Clerk. This position is perfect for students who can only work a few hours after school and are available on Saturdays. The successful candidate will work 3 hours on Wednesdays and Thursdays and 9am to 5pm every other Saturday. The successful candidate must have a valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle to complete deliveries for the pharmacy.
The Sales Clerk associate is responsible for various Front Store duties such as handling customer transactions, merchandising of products, and delivery driver duties as needed. Usual deliveries will be to Cut Knife, Edam and Battleford area.
Applicants should possess superior communication and customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and blend well as part of a team. Preference will be given to applicants with previous experience in retail sales.
Only those that qualify for an interview will be contacted.
JOB DESCRIPTION: SALES CLERK
OBJECTIVE: To courteously and accurately carry out sales transactions. To provide friendly and professional customer service. To practice effective selling techniques. To assist with housekeeping, putting out stock and merchandising.
- Develop a clear understanding of store policies. Read the Employee’s Manual. Ask questions if in doubt regarding policies and/or procedures
- Follow correct procedures regarding floats and cash balancing as per store policy
- Follow correct cash procedures as outlined in the Employee’s Manual. Follow store policy regarding cheques, credit cards, refunds, voids and rain checks
- Accurately record and handle all transactions with minimal voids, overages or shortages
- Be knowledgeable regarding sale prices and products featured on sales
- Request a cash pick-up when large sums of money are accumulated. Anticipate requirements for change before running out
- Courteously, quickly and efficiently handle customer purchases. Call for additional help when a line-up or delay occurs
- Handle lottery and CBO tickets as per store procedures
- Handle telephone inquires quickly and courteously. Avoid keeping in-store customers waiting
- Return shopping carts and baskets to their proper place, ensuring an adequate supply for customers
- Acknowledge and greet all customers with a smile and hello. Maintain a warm, friendly attitude towards all customers
- Keep an eye open for customers who require assistance. Remember! Customers always come first
- Develop and utilize selling techniques including features/benefits, closing and companion sales
- Develop product knowledge and learn about new products. Know product locations and store layout
- Use tact and courtesy when dealing with difficult customers. Know who to refer a customer to if they have complaint
- Inform the store manager of all customer complaints, comments and concerns regarding customer service, prices, merchandise etc.
- Pay particular attention to store security. Follow store policy regarding the handling of shoplifters
MERCHANDISING AND HOUSEKEEPING
- Learn and utilize proper merchandising techniques such as shelf label placement, stock rotation and facing. Maintain specific sections as allocated.
- Carry out housekeeping duties, ensuring that the store is kept clean, neat and professional; sweep and mop floor as required
- Keep checkouts clean and neat, allowing sufficient room for customers
- Maintain adequate stock of checkout supplies including bags, staples, till tapes and ribbons, rain check, charge, and refund forms
- Keep busy and productive at all times. When cashiering, identify tasks which can be performed between customers
- Carry out additional duties as delegated by the Front Store Merchandiser and Pharmacist/Store Manager
- Complete pickup and deliveries as required by the Store Operator or Front Store Manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Some cashiering or retail experience preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and courteously with customers
- Mature and co-operative attitude
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle