Term: Full Time
Category: Store Staff
Competition #: 18-262
Pharmasave #421, located in Regina, SK is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Postal Clerk position. The successful candidate will work 32hrs per week. The usual shifts will fall between the hours of 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Thursday.
The Postal Clerk is responsible for various duties such as sorting and batching mail items, reviewing mail items for address accuracy and operating mail processing equipment. It is also important to note this position will require a lot of bending, reaching, lifting and the possibility of being on your feet throughout most of your shift.
Qualifications & Expectations
Full benefits and competitive wages based on experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION: POSTAL CLERK
OBJECTIVE: Ensure all customers mail is sorted in a timely fashion. Answer customer questions and concerns pertaining to their mail. Perform any combination of tasks in a post office, such as receive letters, sell postage and revenue stamps and stamped envelopes. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate physical activities such as, lifting, bending, etc. throughout their shift.
• Sort, sequence and batch mail items.
• Operate a computer to key in data.
• Send and receive money gram.
• Review mail items for address accuracy, proper postage, etc.
• Weigh letters and parcels; compute mailing costs based on type, weight, and destination; and affix correct postage.
• Exercise physical effort in bending, reaching, lifting, carrying, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS