Pharmasave #421, located in Regina, SK is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Post Office Sales Clerk position. This store is open Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm, and Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and Sunday from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm. The shifts will fall between these times.
The Post Office Sales Clerk associate is responsible for various Front Store duties such as handling customer transactions, merchandising of products, ordering stock and inventory, sorting, and batching mail items, receiving, and sending money grams, reviewing mail items for address accuracy, and operating mail processing equipment. The successful candidate must be able to handle cash with accuracy. It is also important to note this position will require a lot of bending, reaching, lifting, and the possibility of being on your feet throughout most of your shift.
Applicants should possess superior communication and customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and blend well as part of a team. Preference will be given to applicants with previous experience in retail sales.
Only those that qualify for an interview will be contacted.
JOB DESCRIPTION: POST OFFICE SALES CLERK
OBJECTIVE: To courteously and accurately carry out sales transactions. To provide friendly and professional customer service. To practice effective selling techniques. To assist with housekeeping, putting out stock, and merchandising.
- Develop a clear understanding of store policies. Read the Employee’s Manual. Ask questions if in doubt regarding policies and/or procedures.
- Follow correct procedures regarding floats and cash balancing as per store policy.
- Follow correct cash procedures as outlined in the Employee’s Manual. Follow store policy regarding cheques, credit cards, refunds, voids, and rain checks.
- Accurately record and handle all transactions with minimal voids, overages, or shortages.
- Be knowledgeable regarding sale prices and products featured on sales.
- Request a cash pick-up when large sums of money are accumulated. Anticipate requirements for change before running out.
- Courteously, quickly and efficiently handle customer purchases. Call for additional help when a line-up or delay occurs.
- Handle lottery and CBO tickets as per store procedures.
- Handle telephone inquires quickly and courteously. Avoid keeping in-store customers waiting.
- Return shopping carts and baskets to their proper place, ensuring an adequate supply for customers.
- Acknowledge and greet all customers with a smile and hello. Maintain a warm, friendly attitude towards all customers.
- Keep an eye open for customers who require assistance. Remember! Customers always come first.
- Develop and utilize selling techniques including features/benefits, closing, and companion sales.
- Develop product knowledge and learn about new products. Know product locations and store layout.
- Use tact and courtesy when dealing with difficult customers. Know who to refer a customer to if they have a complaint.
- Inform the store manager of all customer complaints, comments, and concerns regarding customer service, prices, merchandise, etc.
- Pay particular attention to store security. Follow store policy regarding the handling of shoplifters.
MERCHANDISING AND HOUSEKEEPING
- Learn and utilize proper merchandising techniques such as shelf label placement, stock rotation, and facing. Maintain specific sections as allocated. Notify the store buyer regarding merchandise out of stocks.
- Count inventory as advised by the Front Store Manager.
- Carry out housekeeping duties, ensuring that the store is kept clean, neat, and professional. The night staff is to sweep the floor every night and mop as required.
- Keep checkouts clean and neat, allowing sufficient room for customers.
- Maintain adequate stock of checkout supplies including bags, staples, till tapes and ribbons, rain check, charge, and refund forms.
- Always keep busy and productive. When cashiering, identify tasks that can be performed between customers.
- Carry out additional duties as delegated by the Front Store Merchandiser and Pharmacist/Store Manager.
- Sort, sequence, and batch mail items.
- Operate a computer to key in data.
- Send and receive money gram.
- Review mail items for address accuracy, proper postage, etc.
- Weigh letters and parcels; compute mailing costs based on type, weight, and destination; and affix correct postage.
- Exercise physical effort in bending, reaching, lifting, carrying, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Some cashiering or retail experience preferred.
- Professional image including a complete, clean Pharmasave uniform, name tag, and proper grooming.
- Ability to communicate clearly and courteously with customers.
- Mature and co-operative attitude.
- Strong computer and POS skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.