Term: Full Time
Category: Store Staff
Competition #: 21-388
Pharmasave #421, located in Regina, SK is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Post Office Clerk position. The successful candidate will work 32 hours per week. The usual shifts will fall between the hours of 9:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday to Thursday.
The Post Office Clerk is responsible for various duties such as sorting and batching mail items, reviewing mail items for address accuracy, and operating mail processing equipment. It is also important to note this position will require a lot of bending, reaching, lifting, and the possibility of being on your feet throughout most of your shift.
JOB DESCRIPTION: POST OFFICE CLERK
OBJECTIVE: Ensure all customer's mail is sorted in a timely fashion. Answer customer questions and concerns about their mail. Perform any combination of tasks in a post office, such as receiving letters, sell postage and revenue stamps, and stamped envelopes. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate physical activities such as lifting, bending, etc. throughout their shift.
• Sort, sequence, and batch mail items.
• Operate a computer to key in data.
• Send and receive money gram.
• Review mail items for address accuracy, proper postage, etc.
• Weigh letters and parcels; compute mailing costs based on type, weight, and destination; and affix correct postage.
• Exercise physical effort in bending, reaching, lifting, carrying, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS