Term: Full Time
Category: Store Staff
Competition #: 22-649
Pharmasave #421, located in Regina – Gardiner Park, SK is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Postal Office Clerk position. The successful candidate will work 40 hours per week. The usual shifts will be Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
The Postal Clerk is responsible for various duties such as sorting and batching mail items, reviewing mail items for address accuracy and operating mail processing equipment. It is also important to note this position will require a lot of bending, reaching, lifting, and the possibility of being on your feet throughout most of your shift.
JOB DESCRIPTION: POST OFFICE CLERK
OBJECTIVE: Ensure all customers' mail is sorted in a timely fashion. Answer customer questions and concerns about their mail. Perform any combination of tasks in a post office, such as receiving letters, selling postage and revenue stamps, and stamping envelopes. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate physical activities such as lifting, bending, etc. throughout their shift.
• Sort, sequence, and batch mail items.
• Operate a computer to key in data.
• Send and receive money gram.
• Review mail items for address accuracy, proper postage, etc.
• Weigh letters and parcels; compute mailing costs based on type, weight, and destination; and affix correct postage.
• Exercise physical effort in bending, reaching, lifting, carrying, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
We offer a full suite of benefits, life insurance, dental, health, employee assistance program, etc.