Rubicon Pharmacies is currently accepting resumes for a Pharmacy Operations Specialist. Join our dynamic and growing retail pharmacy organization, which has over 100 locations across Western Canada!
Reporting directly to the Director of Retail Operations, the Pharmacy Operations Specialist will focus on guiding and coaching stores to success. The Pharmacy Operations Specialist monitors and achieves projected Rx counts, sales and GP and optimizes the performance of Pharmacy components through identifying performance gaps, providing guidance, information and direction to improve results. This position requires travel and the successful candidates can be located anywhere throughout Alberta.
Applicants should possess superior communication and customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and blend well as part of a team.
Only those that qualify for an interview will be contacted.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PHARMACY OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
Objective: this role drives results to maximize pharmacy business growth and performance. Provide advice and collaborate with pharmacy employees on operational issues to solve store level problems for the pharmacy when needed. This involves changing processes or procedures as necessary. This role is the corporate resource to Pharmacists and Associates and the store level expert in all pharmacy driven store operations.
- Work with pharmacy managers, and pharmacy teams to ensure consistency of operational standards, pharmacy services, execution of Pharmacy initiatives and programs, achieve targets and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Understands each pharmacy’s potential growth and financial achievement within its given marketplace.
- Works with stores and corporate stakeholders on issues relating to pharmacy practice and patient care including college inspections, suspected narcotic losses, medication errors and IT dispensary concerns, to resolve issues promptly and effectively.
- Responsible for providing a smooth and successful transition of pharmacy managers and store transfers / acquisitions, ensuring correct operational standards are being implemented and operational procedures are followed within pharmacy.
- Identify and develop potential pharmacy managers and provide proposals and recommendations to the Director of Retail Operations.
- Understand the individual development of current team members and the identification of candidates for advancement.
- Accountable for the success of Pharmacy Operations and Pharmacy profitability of all stores in your assigned region.
- Analyzes pharmacy count, sales, GP and expenses to monitor financial success of each location, highlight potential growth areas, and ensure the pharmacy managers are on target to meet common year plan goals.
- Monitors Pharmacy business systems in each location to highlight and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Develops and communicates action plans to successfully implement Corporate Pharmacy initiatives efficiently.
Business Planning and Reporting
- Collaborating with senior management to set pharmacy operations strategies and tactical plans that accomplish company goals and facilitate business evolution.
- Communicating with Director of Retail Operations on progress, issues and proposed solutions.
- Participating in the annual budgeting process as necessary
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 3-5 years community pharmacy management experience.
- Pharmacist in province of practice.
- Knowledge of inventory management systems.
- Excellent facilitation and leadership skills.
- Prioritize work with varying exceptions.
- Interpersonal skills to provide solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of planning, and business growth.
- Computer skills to produce and interpret reports, documents, and presentations.