Sapara’s Drug Mart, located in Esterhazy, SK, is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Pharmacy Clerk position. The successful candidate must be available to work 40 hours per week. This location is open Monday to Saturday from 9:00 to 5:30pm. The successful candidate’s shifts will fall between these times. This position will require one Saturday shift per month.
The Pharmacy Clerk associate is responsible for running the pharmacy cash register and the daily filing of pharmacy prescriptions. The successful candidate must have great customer service skills and the ability to accurately and efficiently file prescriptions as well as handle customer requests. This position will complete numerous tasks within the dispensary and front store as requested by the Pharmacy Manager.
Applicants should possess superior communication and customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and blend well as part of a team.
Only those that qualify for an interview will be contacted.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PHARMACY CLERK
OBJECTIVE: To efficiently and accurately run the pharmacy cash register. To provide friendly and professional customer service to all patients. To assist with general housekeeping, putting out stock and keeping a tidy pharmacy.
- Responsible for running all customer’s prescriptions through the pharmacy cash register.
- Inform pharmacist in a timely manner if the patient requires any counselling.
- Organize the weekly pick-up drawer so information is easily accessible by Pharmacists and Pharmacy Assistants.
- File all prescriptions throughout the day to ensure there is no backlog.
- Develop a clear understanding of store policies. Read the Employee’s Manual. Ask questions if in doubt regarding policies and/or procedures.
- Follow correct procedures regarding floats and cash balancing as per store policy.
- Follow correct cash procedures as outlined in the Employee’s Manual. Follow store policy regarding cheques, credit cards, refunds, voids and rainchecks.
- Accurately record and handle all transactions with minimal voids, overages or shortages.
- Be knowledgeable regarding sale prices and products featured on sales.
- Request a cash pick-up when large sums of money are accumulated. Anticipate requirements for change before running out.
- Courteously, quickly and efficiently handle customer purchases. Call for additional help when aline-up or delay occurs.
- Handle telephone inquires quickly and courteously. Avoid keeping in-store customers waiting.
- Acknowledge and greet all customers with a smile and hello. Maintain a warm, friendly attitude towards all customers.
- Keep an eye open for customers who require assistance. Remember! Customers always come first.
- Develop and utilize selling techniques including features/benefits, closing and companion sales.
- Develop product knowledge and learn about new products. Know product locations and store layout.
- Use tact and courtesy when dealing with difficult customers. Know who to refer a customer to if they have complaint.
- Inform the store manager of all customer complaints, comments and concerns regarding customer service, prices, merchandise etc.
- Pay particular attention to store security. Follow store policy regarding the handling of shoplifters.
- Count inventory as advised by the Pharmacy Manager.
- Carry out housekeeping duties, ensuring that the pharmacy is kept clean, neat and professional.
- Keep busy and productive at all times. When cashiering, identify tasks which can be performed between customers.
- Carry out additional duties as delegated by the Pharmacy Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Some cashiering or retail experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and courteously with customers.
- Mature and co-operative attitude.