Term: Full Time
Category: Pharmacy Assistant
Competition #: 20-489
Earl's Pharmacy, located in Saskatoon SK, is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Pharmacy Assistant position. Successful candidate will be required to work 40 hours per week. The usual shifts will be Sunday from 8:30am to 5:30pm and Mondays to Thursdays from 12:00pm to 9:00pm.
Reporting to the Fulfillment Centre Manager, and under the supervision of a pharmacist, this role is responsible for performing specific dispensing functions as outlined by provincial regulations and standards of practice. The successful candidates must have a professional attitude, and excellent communication skills. Applicants must be motivated, possess superior organizational skills and work well both independently and as part of a team.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PHARMACY ASSISTANT
The pharmacy assistant must be under the supervision of a pharmacist at all times. All duties performed by a pharmacy assistant must be carried out in accordance with provincial regulations and standards of practice.
• Assemble prescription medications in compliance with the company standards of quality and productivity.
• Assemble the products continuously and repetitively in a clean environment.
Perform other tasks as outlined by the pharmacy manager or staff pharmacists. Generally, to include:
• Handle small materials for assembly.
• Keep workplace clean, neat and professional.
• Carry out checks to ensure the quality of the work done.
• Identify problems and causes related to production and notify your supervisor.
• Propose continuous improvement methods.
• Ensure manufacturing process efficiency and accuracy.
• Requisition of supplies and materials.
• Perform production process both accurately and timely.
• Prepare reports on production.
• Manage operation machinery aligned with computer system.
• Provide strategic solutions to ensure production objectives are met.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Preference will be given to those with previous experience in a pharmacy or in a production facility.
• Excellent ability to work as part of a team or independently.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Professional image and proper grooming.
• Professional attitude and ability to communicate well with customers and co-workers.
• Must possess a valid drivers’ licence.