Term: Full Time
Category: Pharmacy Assistant
Competition #: 19-682/ 19-695
Earl's Pharmacy, located in Saskatoon SK, is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Pharmacy Assistant position. Successful candidates will be required to work 40 hours per week. The usual shifts will be Monday to Friday, and this position will require one weekend shift per month. Reporting to the Fulfillment Centre Manager, and under the supervision of a pharmacist, this role is responsible for performing specific dispensing functions as outlined by provincial regulations and standards of practice.
The successful candidates must have a professional attitude, and excellent communication skills. Applicants must be motivated, possess superior organizational skills and work well both independently and as part of a team.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PHARMACY ASSISTANT
The pharmacy assistant must be under the supervision of a pharmacist at all times. All duties performed by a pharmacy assistant must be carried out in accordance with provincial regulations and standards of practice.
• Assemble prescription medications in compliance with the company standards of quality and productivity.
• Assemble the products continuously and repetitively in a clean environment.
Perform other tasks as outlined by the pharmacy manager or staff pharmacists. Generally, to include:
• Handle small materials for assembly.
• Keep workplace clean, neat and professional.
• Carry out checks to ensure the quality of the work done.
• Identify problems and causes related to production and notify your supervisor.
• Propose continuous improvement methods.
• Ensure manufacturing process efficiency and accuracy.
• Requisition of supplies and materials.
• Perform production process both accurately and timely.
• Prepare reports on production.
• Manage operation machinery aligned with computer system.
• Provide strategic solutions to ensure production objectives are met.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Preference will be given to those with previous experience in a pharmacy or in a production facility.
• Excellent ability to work as part of a team or independently.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Professional image and proper grooming.
• Professional attitude and ability to communicate well with customers and co-workers.
• Must possess a valid drivers’ licence.