Term: Full Time
Category: Pharmacy Assistant
Competition #: 19-561
Rubicon Fulfillment Centre in Regina, SK is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Pharmacy Assistant position. The successful candidate must be available to work 40 hours per week. The usual shifts would be Monday to Friday. Reporting to the Fulfillment Centre Manager, and under the supervision of a pharmacist, this role is responsible for performing specific dispensing functions as outlined by provincial regulations and standards of practice. This position will also undertake administrative tasks. The successful candidates must have a professional attitude, and excellent communication skills. Applicants must be motivated, possess superior organizational skills and work well both independently and as part of a team.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PHARMACY ASSSITANT
DISPENSING The pharmacy assistant must be under the supervision of a pharmacist at all times. All duties performed by a pharmacy assistant must be carried out in accordance with provincial regulations and standards of practice.
• Assemble prescription medications in compliance with the company standards of quality and productivity.
• Interpret new prescription orders and delegate accordingly.
• Entry of simple medication prescription orders in pharmacy software.
• Assembly and modification of prescriptions in various compliance packaging options.
• Aid in coordinating the delivery of medications.
ADMINISTRATIVE Perform other tasks as outlined by the pharmacy manager or staff pharmacists. Generally, to include:
• Greet customers as point of first contact in the office.
• Answer phone calls and delegate to appropriate staff to satisfy the customer’s request.
• Fulfill custom orders for clients.
• Balance monthly account receivables.
• Maintain customer charge accounts.
• Mail monthly statements to customers.
• Prepare weekly cash for deposit.
• Operate till - ring through all transactions related to payment of accounts.
• Book clinical appointments for pharmacists: Med Reviews, Injections, presentations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Preference will be given to those with previous experience in a pharmacy setting.
• Experience using Kroll Software is an asset
• Experience working in a pharmacy that serviced long term care residents and facilities is an asset.
• Excellent ability to work as part of a team or independently.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Professional image and proper grooming.
• Professional attitude and ability to communicate well with customers and co-workers.
• Must possess a valid drivers’ licence.