Pharmasave #416, located in Weyburn, SK, is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Merchandising Coordinator (Cosmetics). This position will work 40 hours a week. The usual shifts will fall between Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm.
The Merchandising Coordinator (Cosmetics) is responsible for ordering all fashion items, giftware, and cosmetics for the store. They will also be responsible for inventory control and merchandising duties such as setting up displays and ensuring all stock is properly priced. Their team must be knowledgeable about following proper merchandising techniques such as stock rotation and sequencing.
Applicants should possess superior communication and customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and blend well as part of a team. Preference will be given to applicants with previous experience in retail sales.
Only those that qualify for an interview will be contacted.
JOB DESCRIPTION: MERCHANDISING COORDINATOR (COSMETICS)
OBJECTIVE: To develop and increase cosmetic, giftware sales through displays, promotional activity, and personal selling. To maintain department profitability through proper buying, pricing, and inventory control.
- Determine suitable product mix and place all wholesale and direct orders.
- Review all orders with sales reps before approval. Utilize a purchase order and claim form system for all transactions.
- Maintain adequate inventory levels of all cosmetics utilizing an inventory control system to guard against overstocks or out of stocks. Count all major lines once a month, for inventory and thief control. Contact sales reps if orders are needed between calls.
- Organize supplier returns. Resolve returns before orders being placed.
- Mark down dead stock regularly to avoid the accumulation of inventory.
- Carry out price changes and updates as required. Check prices of local competition on key items.
- Set up seasonal displays and decorating.
- Change corner and top displays regularly (at least once per month).
- Ensure a strong signage program. Change regularly.
- Arrange countertops and displays in an uncrowded manner.
- Ensure the cosmetic area is kept dusted, clean, and free of boxes and clutter.
- Face sections daily.
- Organize ongoing creative promotional activities to generate excitement and increase sales.
- Negotiate with suppliers (and the help of the store buyer) co-op monies to be applied to cosmetic advertising.
- Offer regular in-store specials (approx. 4 per week).
- Develop community involvement to increase exposure.
- Develop an industry “awareness” including competitor’s activities, display techniques, and product lines not stocked.
SERVICE AND SELLING
- Greet all customers and create a warm, friendly environment. The emphasis is on serving customers, before putting out stock, merchandising, ordering, and sales reps.
- Practice selling techniques to increase sales and improve customer satisfaction. Keep other store staff aware of new cosmetic products and promotional details.
- Previous retail, fashion, or cosmetic experience is preferred.
- Merchandising experience is an asset.
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence.