Harbour Pharmacy, located in La Ronge, SK is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Merchandising Coordinator position. The successful candidate will be expected to work 40 hours per week. This location is open Monday to Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm. The usual shifts will fall between these days and times.
The Merchandising Coordinator is responsible for various Front Store duties such as handling customer transactions and merchandising of products. The successful candidate must be able to handle cash with accuracy. This position will contain job variety and the successful candidate will work at the cash register as well as stock shelves and keep the aisles tidy. They will spend most of their time receiving all incoming orders and organizing the stockroom. This position will also assist the Front Store Manager when needed in numerous front store tasks such as training, ordering, etc.
Applicants should possess superior communication and customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and blend well as part of a team.
JOB DESCRIPTION: MERCHANDISING COORDINATOR
OBJECTIVE: To coordinate the receiving, marking, and paperwork for all incoming orders. To keep the stockroom organized. To carry out sales transactions courteously and accurately. To provide friendly and professional customer service. To practice effective selling techniques. To assist with housekeeping, putting out stock, and merchandising
RECEIVING AND PRICING
- Receive all incoming orders using correct receiving procedures as outlined in the Employee’s Manual.
- Utilize and maintain the POS receiving program, receiving stamps, and in-store requisitions. Coordinate all inter-store transfers.
- Check off and mark all orders using correct procedures as outlined in the Employee’s Manual.
- Ensure all information, such as quantity, cost, and retail price are correctly entered in the POS computer.
- Maintain proper inventory files, purchase orders, and claim forms, in cooperation with the Front Store Manager
- Check all invoices against purchase orders before approval. Claim any discrepancies in cost, quantities, or terms.
- Instruct other staff, if necessary, incorrect receiving procedures to be carried out in the Merchandising Coordinator's absence.
- Organize the stockroom including the marking table, incoming orders, overstock, seasonal goods, shelving, and store supplies. Responsible for maintaining and ordering all marking supplies.
- Ensure the proper stock rotation of overstock. Establish a periodic clear-out policy for the stockroom.
- Organize all returns and assist in locating supplier returns for sales reps.
- Handle damaged goods and shipping as outlined in the Employee’s Manual.
- Ensure proper stockroom security.
- Perform the duties of a Sales Clerk as needed.
MERCHANDISING AND HOUSEKEEPING
- Learn and utilize proper merchandising techniques such as shelf label placement, stock rotation, and facing. Maintain specific sections as allocated. Notify the store buyer regarding merchandise out of stock.
- Count inventory as advised by the Front Store Manager.
- Carry out housekeeping duties, ensuring that the store is kept clean, neat, and professional. The night staff is to sweep the floor every night and mop as required.
- Keep checkouts clean and neat, allowing sufficient room for customers.
- Maintain adequate stock of checkout supplies including bags, staples, till tapes and ribbons, raincheck, charge, and refund forms.
- Always keep busy and productive. When cashiering, identify tasks that can be performed between customers.
- Carry out additional duties as delegated by the Front Store Manager and Pharmacist/Store Manager.
- Acknowledge and greet all customers with a smile and hello. Maintain a warm, friendly attitude towards all customers.
- Keep an eye open for customers who require assistance. Remember! Customers always come first.
- Develop and utilize selling techniques including features/benefits, closing, and companion sales.
- Develop product knowledge and learn about new products. Know product locations and store layout.
- Use tact and courtesy when dealing with difficult customers. Know who to refer a customer to if they have a complaint.
- Inform the store manager of all customer complaints, comments, and concerns regarding customer service, prices, merchandise, etc.
- Pay particular attention to store security. Follow store policy regarding the handling of shoplifters.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Some merchandising and retail experience is preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and courteously with customers.
- Mature and cooperative attitude.
- Physically capable of performing the essential duties of the job and lifting to 50lb.
- Pulling, Packing, and Loading. (Heavy Lifting)
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position the successful candidate must complete a Criminal Record Check.
We offer full benefits, pension, life insurance, disability, dental, health, employee assistance program, annual wage reviews, etc.