Meadowood Clinic, located in Winnipeg, MB is currently looking for a full-time Medical Receptionist. The successful candidate will work 40 hours per week. This location is open from Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Reporting to the Clinic Manager, the Medical Receptionist is responsible for overseeing the entire office. This includes diverse duties such as answering phones and data entry. Preference will be given to those with previous medical office administration experience.
The successful candidates must have a professional attitude, excellent written communication, and organizational skills. Applicants must be motivated, work well independently and proceed with objectives without supervision.
JOB DESCRIPTION: MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST
OBJECTIVE: To facilitate the clerical operation of the clinic including adherence to Rubicon’s policies, development of a professional image, support in a way that promotes the value of the clinic, and passion to deliver superior patient care.
- Serve patients by greeting them, scheduling appointments, and maintaining patient accounts and records.
- Provides excellent customer service by answering all phone calls professionally and courteously.
- Answer and/or refer inquiries to optimize patient satisfaction.
- Ensure patient appointments are on schedule by notifying of the patient’s arrival and any delays.
- Maintains patient accounts by entering and updating account information with the Input health EMR system.
- Maintain confidentiality of all doctors, staff, and patient information.
- Complete accurate documentation under clinical supervision.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Candidates with at least 1-year of Medical Office experience preferred.
- Be familiar with best practices for office procedures including telephone communications, office systems, and electronic record keeping.
- Be familiar with medical terminology and clinical procedures.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and as a team, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to exercise accuracy, confidentiality, tact, and discretion while maintaining the integrity of all.
- Experience in a medical office and proficiency with Accuro EMRs will be an asset.
- Experience as a receptionist in a medical setting is a strong asset.
- Medical Office Administration education is also a strong asset.
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, the successful candidate must complete a Criminal Record Check.
We offer full benefits, pension, life insurance, disability, dental, health, employee assistance program, annual wage reviews, etc.