Rubicon Pharmacies is currently looking for a Manager of Food Services to join our dynamic and growing retail pharmacy organization! This position would oversee our two Starbucks locations and our 7 Tim Hortons locations located throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
Reporting to the Director of Retail Operations, the Manager of Food Services is responsible for assisting our stores in achieving business targets, delivering exceptional customer service experiences, and facilitating employee engagement and professional development. They adapt and align efforts to achieve Rubicon’s strategic and operational goals. Union experience is an asset. Frequent travel to their restaurant locations will be required.
We are looking for someone to be based out of Regina, Yorkton, or the area. Applicants should possess superior communication and customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and blend well as part of a team. Only those that qualify for an interview will be contacted.
JOB DESCRIPTION: MANAGER OF FOOD SERVICES
Objective: This role drives results to maximize the restaurant business growth and performance. Provide advice and collaborate with our Food Service Managers on operational issues to solve store-level problems when needed.
- Identifying and developing potential Food Service Managers, hiring Food Service Managers, coordinating training, and communicating job expectations.
- Establishes restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; conferring with people in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates.
- Identifying, developing, and implementing new strategies to continuously improve results
- Leading, engaging, guiding, developing, and supporting a team of Food Service Managers
- Evaluating, coaching, and managing Food Service Managers’ performance
- Providing expertise and guidance to support Food Service Managers and their teams in delivering exceptional customer service experiences and remaining on target to meet annual performance goals
- Reviewing sales, margins, and expenses to monitor the financial results of each Restaurant operation
- Assessing each Restaurant’s actual versus potential financial results and growth within its marketplace
- Identifying performance gaps and potential growth areas for each Restaurant to reach its maximum potential
- Partnering with Food Service Managers to develop and implement Store-specific strategies that deliver results congruent with their assessed potential
- Optimizing the performance of Front Store business processes and components by identifying performance gaps, and providing guidance, information, and direction to improve results.
- Collaborating with senior management to set store operations strategies and tactical plans that accomplish company goals and facilitate business evolution
- Communicating with the Director of Retail Operations on progress, issues, and proposed solutions.
- Preparing and presenting status updates on Front Store operations performance measurables
- Participating in the annual budgeting process
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Three (3)+ years of retail management experience/Restaurant General Manager Experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Union experience
- Excellent facilitation and leadership skills.
- Interpersonal skills to provide solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of budgets, inventory, and cost controls for Front of House and Back of House.
- Familiarity with process improvements, strategic planning, and managing profitability.