Rubicon Pharmacies is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Junior Media Designer to cover a 20-month term starting in June 2020, possible extension. Join our dynamic and growing retail pharmacy organization, which has over 100 locations across Western Canada!
The successful candidate will be the main point of contact for our stores and support them with running their social media accounts. They will design and manage the production of print and digital materials which includes social media content, marketing materials, email campaigns, brochures, presentations, etc. This position also ensures brand consistency throughout various marketing projects.
Applicants should also possess superior communication and customer service skills, ability to manage multiple tasks or projects at one time, and blend well as part of a team. Work experience related to graphic designing is required for this role.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those that qualify for an interview will be contacted.
JOB DESCRIPTION: JUNIOR MEDIA DESIGNER
OBJECTIVE: Reporting to the Promotions and Procurement Manager, the Junior Media Designer is responsible for the development and implementation of Rubicon’s Social Media marketing strategy across all internal brands and platforms. Responsible for research, planning and management of email marketing, search engine optimization and online display, they ensure our digital broadcasting is fully integrated with all other efforts across the Company’s portfolio.
- Conceptualize and collaborate to develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Ability to write inspirational and effective copy to help increase sales
- Work with a wide range of media and use modern graphic design software such as the adobe suite
- Ability to adapt to new design efficiencies such as Canva
- Design and manage the production of print and digital materials (including but not limited to social media content, marketing materials, email campaigns, custom ads, brochures, presentations etc.)
- Collaborating with the team to launch projects and execute deliverables in a time-sensitive manner
- Support incoming social media requests from stores
- Oversee all social media accounts to engage and grow our audiences on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Google Business
- Own and maintain the social media calendar, including writing social media posts and creation of images to support social content
- Take ownership of projects and multi-task projects with tight timelines.
- Manage Social Media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Curate relevant content to reach the company’s ideal customers.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating sales and brand recognition.
- Conduct online advocacy and open stream for cross-promotions.
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Instagram, LinkedIn and google Business).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Compile report for management showing results (ROI).
- Become an advocate for the Company in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the business. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the Social Media campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of Social Media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
- One (1)+ years of experience as a graphic designer
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)