Term: Full Time
Category: Office Staff
Competition #: 19-168
Rubicon Pharmacies is currently accepting resumes for one full-time IT Technician for a one-year term with the possibility of extension.
The successful candidate will assist with hardware configuration and installation, monitoring various software tools, troubleshooting IT related problems and other various duties related to IT deployment. This position will contain job variety and the successful candidate will be required to travel to Rubicon Pharmacies’ store locations as needed.
Applicants should possess superior communication and customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and blend well as part of a team. Education related to Computer Science or Computer Engineering Technology is considered an asset.
This position will be required to work 40hrs per week and there may be additional hours required depending on business need. The successful candidate must be willing to travel to Rubicon Pharmacies’ store locations.
Only those that qualify for an interview will be contacted.
JOB DESCRIPTION: IT TECHNICIAN
OBJECTIVE: Under the supervision of Rubicon’s IT Specialists, perform specific IT related deployment and support duties. Assisting with inventory control, hardware installation and configuration, software installation and configuration, troubleshooting IT related issues, and monitoring various software tools.
The Information Technology Technician will be responsible for various IT related tasks, such as:
· Receiving and processing hardware inventory, entering information to Inventory DB
· Remote installation and configuration of networked devices.
· Responding to requests for IT support through email, telephone, or in-person.
· Monitoring the organization’s Anti Virus console, Offsite backups.
· Liaising with third party vendors for resolution to outstanding IT issues.
· Coordinating and installing software remotely.
· General troubleshooting of network connectivity issues including infrastructure testing.
· General troubleshooting of Windows applications, and installed software.
· General troubleshooting of hardware.
Perform tasks as directed by the IT Specialists. Generally, to include:
· Installation of operating systems/software using conventional or imaging methods.
· Firmware updates of hardware devices both local and remote.
· On-site configuration and deployment of hardware and software.
· Remote configuration of hardware and software.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Computer related Diploma or Degree or combination of education and experience.
· Strong understanding of Windows networking, both workgroup and domain models.
· Working knowledge of Power Shell, VB Scripting and Batch files and their applications.
· Working knowledge of MS Office suite, including MS Access, Visio.
· Working knowledge of Cisco, VPN, Remote Access as they apply to a Windows Environment.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Professional attitude and ability to communicate clearly with clients and co-workers.
· Must be willing to travel and work extended hours.
· Class 5 Drivers License.