Neighbourly Pharmacy is looking for an HR Generalist in Saskatchewan or Manitoba to join the dynamic and growing Human Resources team, which supports over 3000 employees across Canada!
The successful candidate will act as a main point of contact for all human resources needs across all Neighbourly Pharmacy locations throughout Saskatchewan and Manitoba, largely focusing on employee relations and performance management. The HR Generalist will also be responsible for other administrative human resources functions including relevant metrics/tracking, involvement in performance and wage review and other duties as assigned. This position is currently remote and you would work from home. Travel may be required, dependent upon business needs.
JOB DESCRIPTION: HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
OBJECTIVE: Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Generalist provides consistent employee relations support to create an environment where individuals and teams can thrive and deliver high performance. The Human Resources Generalist works collaboratively with Operations leadership and Store Management to execute aligned human resources programs and initiatives successfully across the company.
- Responds to employee inquiries as per internal customer service guidelines. According to circumstances, provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolution, redirecting or escalating as appropriate.
- Provides advice/guidance to managers around compensation plans that aligns with company programs.
- Manages content of Employee Policy and Procedure Handbook to ensure successful onboarding of all new hires and communicates changes to appropriate parties.
- Provides coaching to management regarding reinforcing goals and/or any issues related to employee performance, productivity or behaviour based on established policy, practice and/or contract. Reviews documentation and prepares letters of discipline when required, supporting the process to ensure positive outcomes.
- When required, prepares detailed reports to support company’s position for legal cases in collaboration with legal counsel.
- Supports short-term and long-term disability processes as applicable, liaising with benefits carrier when required. Effectively communicates return to work dates and other relevant information to affected managers. Participates in return-to-work discussions.
- Conduct confidential and potentially sensitive internal investigations when required and as directed, using established procedures for consistency and compliance.
- Provides data/analytics to leaders relating to Human Resources and other related operational metrics to support business reporting, planning and management.
- As guided by the Director of Human Resources, supports annual performance management and wage review processes and assists with tracking and reporting as required.
- In coordination with Director of Human Resources, assists with facilitation of the Company's training programs as needed.
- As guided by the Director of Human Resources, supports company's safety initiatives, including injury prevention and ability management as required.
- Supports internal audit process of associate files to ensure consistent format and compliance with the Company's policy and legislative requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree, Diploma or Certification with a Human Resources focus.
- Two (2)+ years of progressive experience in a Human Resources environment
- CHRP Designation (achieved or in progress).
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence.