Rubicon Pharmacies is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Human Resources Generalist to cover a 20-month term starting in March 2020, with the possibility of extension and/or becoming permanent. Join our dynamic and growing Human Resources team, which supports over 1500 employees across Western Canada!
The successful candidate will act as a main point of contact for all human resources needs across all Rubicon locations throughout Western Canada, largely focusing on employee relations, recruitment and selection, and performance management. The incumbent will also be responsible for other administrative human resources functions including relevant metrics/tracking, involvement in performance and wage review, recruitment and other duties as assigned. Overtime and travel may be required, dependent upon business needs.
Relationship building across our store network as well as with candidates is a critical function of this role. Applicants should also possess superior communication and customer service skills, ability to manage multiple tasks or projects at one time, and blend well as part of a team. Education and/or work experience related to Human Resources is a requirement.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those that qualify for an interview will be contacted.
JOB DESCRIPTION: HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
OBJECTIVE: Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Generalist provides consistent employee relations support to create an environment where individuals and teams can thrive and deliver high performance. The Human Resources Generalist works collaboratively with leadership to execute aligned human resources programs and initiatives successfully across the company.
- Responds to associate inquiries as per internal customer service guidelines. According to circumstances, provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolution, redirecting or escalating as appropriate.
- Manages recruitment and selection process, ensuring Rubicon’s process, policies and all applicable legislation is followed consistently. Works with key stakeholders, using internal and external resources (when applicable) to fulfill workforce staffing plans ensuring completion of required documentation, e.g. hiring authorizations, application forms, offer letters, etc.
- Provides advice/guidance to managers around compensation plans that aligns with company programs.
- Manages content of New Hire Orientation manual to ensure successful onboarding of all new hires, and communicates changes to appropriate parties. Conduct Orientation and training with new managers and/or staff as directed.
- Provides coaching to management regarding reinforcing goals and/or any issues related to employee performance, productivity or behaviour based on established policy, practice and/or contract. Reviews documentation and prepares letters of discipline when required, supporting the process to ensure positive outcomes.
- Play a key role in the acquisition process through onboarding and supporting employees and managers at new stores.
- When required, prepares detailed reports to support company’s position for legal cases in collaboration with Rubicon’s counsel.
- Supports short-term and long-term disability processes as applicable. Participates in return-to-work discussions.
- May conduct confidential and potentially sensitive internal investigations when required and as directed, using established procedures for consistency and compliance.
- Provides data/analytics to leaders relating to Human Resources and other related operational metrics to support business reporting, planning and management.
- As guided by the Human Resources Director, supports annual performance management and wage review process, and assists with tracking and reporting as required.
- In coordination with Human Resources Director, assists with facilitation of Rubicon’s training programs as needed.
- As guided by the Director, Human Resources, supports Rubicon’s safety initiatives, including injury prevention and ability management as required.
- Supports internal audit process of associate files to ensure consistent format and compliance with Rubicon policy and legislative requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma with a Human Resources focus.
- Two (2)+ years of progressive experience in a Human Resources environment, with a focus on recruitment and employee relations
- CHRP Designation (achieved or in progress).
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence.