Pharmasave #478, located in Brandon-Victoria, Manitoba is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Front Store Manager. This is a 1-year term position with the possibility of an extension. This position will work 36 to 40 hours per week. The usual shifts will be Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and every 3rd Saturday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. The successful candidate shifts will fall between these days and times.
The Front Store Manager is responsible for operating the entire front store. This includes various duties such as handling customer transactions, staff scheduling/training, merchandising of products, ordering, and receiving, assisting in month-end billing, and reporting, scheduling, and other various duties as required. Preference will be given to those with retail and/or management experience.
The successful candidates must have a professional attitude, and excellent communication skills. Applicants must be motivated, possess superior organizational skills, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
JOB DESCRIPTION: FRONT STORE MANAGER
OBJECTIVE: To oversee the entire operation of the front store including adherence to Rubicon’s policies, development of a professional image, supervision of front store personnel, and maintaining profitable front store operations.
- Lead and participate in initiatives to achieve the store’s strategic objectives.
- Participates in self-development activities related to current job function or future career growth.
- Ensure superior customer service is always provided.
- Promote the Rubicon brand through publishing, presenting, and participation in industry associations to improve brand awareness.
- Follow and promote the Rubicon policy manual to inspire a working environment that attracts and retains talented, committed, and engaged employees.
- Ensure all existing and new staff adhere to store policies. Take appropriate corrective actions where violations of store policies occur.
- Manage practices regarding returns, complaints, store security, and employee discounts. Delegate such responsibility to responsible staff members.
- Carry out or delegate responsibility for cash handling, daily reports, banking, and deposits.
- Ensure proper store opening and closing, security alarm activation, and all day-end procedures.
- Ensure proper store maintenance, building security, and all store cleanliness and general housekeeping guidelines are followed.
- Ensure that the store projects a warm, friendly, and service-oriented image to customers.
- Establish a good relationship within the business community.
- Ensure that all areas of the front store are clean, neat, and professional.
Front Store Personnel
- Manage front store staff in all aspects of the Front Store and Post Office.
- Train all front store employees and ensure that all front store and post office staff perform job duties following their job descriptions.
- Coordinate work schedules for all front store personnel.
- Supervise all front store personnel in day-to-day operations.
- In coordination with Human Resources, hire discipline and terminate front store employees as needed.
- Ensure that the front store is always operated professionally, including maintaining courteous customer service.
Inventory and Buying
- Ensure proper inventory control in all departments as per budgets and preferred supplier programs are followed.
- Assist the store operator in budgeting, buying, inventory, and pricing objectives; work to maximize gross margins.
- Set promotional objectives; ensure proper ordering and set-up of the sales.
- Develop an awareness of the competition and marketplace; Carry out changes in promotions, product mix, or merchandising to keep up to date.
- Ensure invoices are checked against purchase orders.
- Ensure that all shrinkage is controlled in areas such as returns, paid-outs, internal and external theft, and proper pricing and receiving guidelines are followed.
- Manage Monthly Cycle Count Schedule and inventory reporting to Rubicon Inventory Manager.
- Handle sales representatives utilizing the POS system and check suggested orders from reps for approval; ensure all claims, damages, and returns are handled.
- Attend buying shows when necessary; carry out necessary preparation before the show.
- Coordinate with the receiver all retail pricing in keeping with store policy and local competition. Ensure all items on the shelf are priced properly, with the correct description, order number, and UPC. Make sure new shelf labels are put out for price changes as soon as possible.
- Support receiver in checking discrepancies in costs, quantities, or terms.
- Coordinate with the receiver to ensure the maintenance and ordering of adequate stock of store supplies such as bags etc.
- Ensure all sections are kept up to date regarding planogram maintenance to ensure the proper product mix and merchandising are in place.
- Ensure daily facing of all sections, replenishment of stock and new products, and delegate such responsibilities to Sales Clerks.
- Coordinate all signage and POP materials including correct placement of window banners, promotional signage, and sale shelf talkers.
- Ensure all aspects of merchandising standards are always in place.
- Operate the front store within the guidelines and objectives of Rubicon.
- Participate in setting financial operating budgets and policy objectives with Rubicon both on a long-term and short-term basis.
- Ensure proper record-keeping, reporting, and timely communication with the Rubicon Accounting Office.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Preference will be given to those with 2 to 3 years of retail management experience.
- Professional image including uniform, name tag, and proper grooming.
- Professional attitude and ability to communicate well with customers, co-workers, and suppliers.
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence.
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, the successful candidate must complete a criminal record check.