Alpine Value Drug Mart, located in Rocky Mountain House, AB, is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Front Store Manager. Successful candidates must be available to work 40 hours per week. The usual shift will be Monday to Friday with the occasional Saturday shift as needed.
The Front Store Manager is responsible for operating the entire front store. This includes various duties such as handling customer transactions, staff scheduling/training, merchandising of products, ordering and receiving, assisting in month end billing and reporting, scheduling and other various duties as required. Preference will be given to those with retail and/or management experience.
The successful candidates must have a professional attitude, and excellent communication skills. Applicants must be motivated, possess superior organizational skills and work well both independently and as part of a team.
Full benefits and competitive wages based on experience.
Approximate start date will be January 18th, 2021.
JOB DESCRIPTION: FRONT STORE MANAGER
OBJECTIVE: To oversee the entire operation of the front store including adherence to Rubicon’s policies, development of a professional image, supervision of front store personnel and maintaining profitable front store operations.
- Lead and participate in initiatives to achieve the store’s strategic objectives.
- Participates in self-development activities related to current job function or future career growth.
- Ensure superior customer service is provided at all times.
- Promote the Rubicon brand through publishing, presenting, and participation in industry associations to improve brand awareness.
- Follow and promote the Rubicon policy manual to inspire a working environment that attracts and retains talented, committed and engaged employees.
- Ensure all existing and new staff adhere to store policies. Take appropriate corrective actions where violations of store policies occur.
- Manage practices regarding returns, complaints, store security and employee discounts. Delegate such responsibility to responsible staff members.
- Carry out or delegate responsibility for cash handling, daily reports, banking and deposits.
- Ensure proper store opening and closing, security alarm activation and all day-end procedures.
- Ensure proper store maintenance, building security and all store cleanliness and general housekeeping guidelines are followed.
- Ensure that the store projects a warm, friendly and service oriented image to customers.
- Establish a good relationship within the business community.
- Ensure that all areas of the front store are clean, neat and professional.
Front Store Personnel
- Manage front store staff in all aspects of the Front Store and Post Office (if applicable).
- Train all front store employees and ensure that all front store and post office staff perform job duties in accordance with their job descriptions.
- Co-ordinate work schedules for all front store personnel.
- Supervise all front store personnel in day to day operations.
- In co-ordination with Human Resources, hire, discipline and terminate front store employees as needed.
- Ensure that the front store is operated professionally at all times, including maintaining courteous customer service.
Inventory and Buying
- Ensure proper inventory control in all departments as per budgets and preferred supplier programs are followed.
- Assist the store operator in budgeting, buying, inventory and pricing objectives; work to maximize gross margins.
- Set promotional objectives; ensure proper ordering and set-up of the sales.
- Develop an awareness of the competition and marketplace; Carry out changes in promotions, product mix or merchandising to keep up to date.
- Ensure invoices are checked against purchase orders.
- Ensure that all shrinkage is controlled in areas such as returns, paid-outs, internal and external theft, and proper pricing and receiving guidelines are followed.
- Manage Monthly Cycle Count Schedule and inventory reporting to Rubicon Inventory Manager.
- Handle sales representatives utilizing the POS system and check suggested orders from reps for approval; ensure all claims, damages and returns are handled.
- Attend buying shows when necessary; carry-out necessary preparation prior to the show.
- Co-ordinate with the receiver all retail pricing in keeping with store policy and local competition. Ensure all items on the shelf are priced properly, with the correct description, order number and UPC code. Make sure new shelf labels are put out for price changes as soon as possible.
- Support receiver in checking discrepancies in costs, quantities or terms.
- Co-ordinate with the receiver to ensure maintenance and ordering adequate stock of store supplies such as bags etc.
- Ensure all sections are kept up-to-date regarding planogram maintenance to ensure the proper product mix and merchandising is in place.
- Ensure daily facing of all sections, replenishment of stock and new products; delegate such responsibilities to Sales Clerks.
- Co-ordinate all signage and POP materials including: correct placement of window banners, promotional signage and sale shelf talkers.
- Ensure all aspects of merchandising standards are in place at all times.
- Operate the front store within the guidelines and objectives of Rubicon.
- Participate in setting financial operating budgets and policy objectives with Rubicon both on a long term and short-term basis.
- Ensure proper record keeping, reporting and timely communication with the Rubicon Accounting Office.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Preference will be given to those with retail and/or management experience.
- Professional image including uniform, name tag and proper grooming.
- Professional attitude and ability to communicate well with customers, co-workers and suppliers.
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence.