Madill’s Drugs is currently accepting resumes for a full time Front Store Manager. Successful candidates must be available to work 40 hours per week, which may include an occasional Saturday shift.
The Front Store Manager is responsible for various duties such as handling customer transactions, staff training, merchandising of products, ordering and receiving, assisting in month end billing and reporting, and other various duties as required.
The successful candidates must have a professional attitude, and excellent communication skills. Applicants must be motivated, possess superior organizational skills and work well both independently and as part of a team.
Full benefits and competitive wages based on experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION: FRONT STORE MANAGER
OBJECTIVE: Co-ordinate with the help of the store buyer all regular, promotional and seasonal buying maximizing gross margins and utilizing the POS inventory control system. Ensure store profitability through efficient buying, pricing and receiving procedures. Ensure all stock is properly merchandised including all regular, end-isle and floor displays. Ensure all merchandise has proper shelf labels and signage. Help train and co-ordinate sales clerks, ensuring superior customer service.
BUYING (in co-ordination with the store buyer)
- Ensure a suitable balance between direct and wholesale buying considering inventory levels and gross margins.
- Manage the front office (balance tills daily).
- Develop an awareness of the store’s market, deleting products that are not selling and evaluating new products.
- Count on hand inventory and check monthly movement of stock to be ordered by the buyer.
- Co-ordinate with the store buyer all regular and deal buying from the wholesalers.
- Co-ordinate with the store buyer all regular and deal buying from direct suppliers.
- Co-ordinate with the store buyer both direct and wholesale purchases for the Pharmachoice sales, ensuring stock is received on time. Notify buyer of out of stocks and to obtain back-up stock to cover any rain checks issued.
- Deal with sales reps utilizing the POS system. Check suggested orders from reps for approval. Ensure all claims, damages and returns are taken care of by the sales reps.
- Attend Pharmachoice buying shows when necessary. Carry out necessary preparation prior to the shows.
- Co-ordinate with the receiver all retail pricing in keeping with store policy and local competition. Ensure all items on the shelf are priced properly, with the correct description, order number and UPC code. Make sure new shelf labels are put out for price changes as soon as possible.
- In co-operation with the receiver ensure efficient receiving and stockroom operations. Also aid the receiver in checking discrepancies in costs, quantities or terms.
- Perform the duties of the receiver, in his/her absence.
- Delegate merchandising tasks to Sales Clerks. Ensure adequate work and directions are left for staff working evenings and weekends.
- Co-ordinate with the receiver and buyer, maintaining and ordering adequate stock of store supplies such as bags etc.
- Ensure all sections are kept up-to-date regarding product mix and merchandising.
- Ensure daily facing of all sections. Delegate section responsibilities to Sales Clerks. Supervise any buying delegated to Sales Clerks.
- Co-ordinate the merchandising of replacement stock and new products by Sales Clerks.
- Ensure proper merchandising techniques are being followed, such as stock rotation, right-hand merchandising, shamming, sequencing, etc.
- Ensure the store is kept clean, utilizing proper housekeeping procedures, delegating such duties to Sales Clerks. Also ensure Sales Clerks keep the checkout areas clean and well stocked.
- Ensure all end-isle, dump bins and promotional displays are kept full and changed frequently (every 2 to 3 weeks).
- Co-ordinate seasonal merchandising and decorations, ensuring the store reflects the season.
- Co-ordinate all signage and POP materials, including correct placement of window banners, promotional signage and sale shelf talkers.
- Supervise set up of the Pharmachoice sale. Ensure adequate stock is available and checked daily. Ensure cashiers know products and specials.
- Ensure all on hand quantities in the POS system match the stock on the shelves. Using the inventory control entry machine, stock must be counted on a regular basis.
- Attend occasional giftware buying shows as well as the annual Pharmachoice Show.
- Manage and create in-store promotions.
TRAINING AND SUPERVISION
- In co-ordination with management, help supervise all Sales Clerks, ensuring that adequate cashiers are available at all times and duties are being performed.
- Train new Sales Clerks in basic housekeeping, shelf labeling, receiving and merchandising procedures. Provide additional training for specific job functions. Emphasize importance of customer service to new Sales Clerks.
- Ensure all duties outlined in the Sales Clerks job description are carried out on a regular basis.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 2 years of retail experience
- Strong computer and POS skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Familiar with Workplace Health & Safety rules and regulations.