Rubicon Pharmacies is looking for a Floater Staff Pharmacist to join our team! This position will cover our stores in Eastern Saskatchewan. Mainly in Fort Qu'Appelle, Melville, Esterhazy, Yorkton, Canora, Whitewood and Broadview.
This position has a highly competitive compensation package. The candidate can be hired as an employee or a contractor. You will also have the ability to build your own schedule.
Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager at each location, the Floater Staff Pharmacist is responsible for ensuring professional dispensing and pharmacy practices, while maintaining high levels of customer service.
JOB DESCRIPTION: FLOATER STAFF PHARMACIST
OBJECTIVE: To ensure professional dispensing and pharmacy practices. Assume store supervision in
the absence of management.
All dispensing functions performed by the pharmacist must be carried out in accordance with provincial
regulations and standards of practice.
- Receive written, verbal and refill prescription orders, ensuring legality of such orders.
- Determine the drug, strength and dosage to be dispensed.
- Consult and maintain the patient’s prescription profile, as required by provincial regulations,
ensuring that no interactions will occur.
- Supervise and personally check where necessary, all dispensing duties carried out by a
- Personally, check the original container, prescription container contents and prescription label.
- Ensure proper recording of prescriptions, including narcotic, controlled drugs and poison records.
- Courteously advise the patient regarding directions, storage and precautions required. Provide
additional counselling as required.
- Offer information and recommendations regarding OTC’s and non-prescription products.
Rubicon Pharmacies is committed to the advancement of the profession of pharmacy. It is our hope that
all of our pharmacists assist in and promote the professional development of the profession of pharmacy
through the offering of medication reviews, community based and individualized clinical interventions,
such as the PACT program for smoking cessation.
- Ensure that the pharmacy area is kept clean, neat and organized.
- Ensure proper operation of the pharmacy computer.
- Carry out all third-party billing procedures.
- Carry out all nursing home dispensing and billing procedures.
- Develop knowledge of all community doctors.
- In the absence of the Store Manager/Pharmacist and the Pharmacy Manager:
- Ensure proper store opening and store closing procedures.
- Ensure proper cash control procedures including correct storage of cash drawers and floats. Handle bank deposits, including night deposits, as required.
- Ensure correct cash handling and till procedures by cashiers.
- Authorize cheques, returns, paid-outs and customer complaints, as per store policy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Licenced to practice as a pharmacist in the province.
- Some previous retail pharmacy dispensing experience preferred.
- Participate on an on-going basis, in continuing education programs for professional development.
- Professional image including pharmacy uniform, name tag and proper grooming.
- Professional attitude and ability to communicate well with customers, co-workers and suppliers.