Rubicon Pharmacies is currently accepting resumes for Floater Pharmacy Intern. The successful candidate may be asked to work shifts at any of our locations as needed.
Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager, and under the supervision of a pharmacist, this role is responsible for performing specific dispensing functions as outlined by provincial regulations and standards of practice.
The successful candidate must have a professional attitude, and excellent communication skills. The candidates will join a pharmacy team that prides itself in delivering excellent customer service and a flexible working environment. Applicants must be motivated, possess superior organizational skills and work well both independently and as part of a team.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PHARMACY INTERN
OBJECTIVE: Under the personal supervision of a pharmacist, to perform specific dispensing functions as outlined by provincial regulations. To assist in inventory control, supplies and housekeeping duties. Reports to the Pharmacy Manager.
The pharmacy intern must be under the supervision of a pharmacist at all times. All dispensing functions performed by a pharmacy intern must be carried out in accordance with provincial regulations and standards of practice.
- Receive written prescription from customers.
- Locate the medication, select the prescription container and count/pour the medication.
- Attach the label to the prescription container.
- Ensure that the original container, prescription container contents and label are checked and initialed by the pharmacist.
- Regularly phone customers for unclaimed prescriptions.
Perform other tasks as outlined by the pharmacy manager or staff pharmacists. Generally, to include:
- Keep all areas of the pharmacy clean, neat and professional.
- Maintain adequate stock of pharmacy supplies.
- Answer the pharmacy telephone, with the exception of the doctor’s line, which should be answered by a pharmacist. All doctors’ calls and inquiries regarding prescriptions, copies, drug information and poisons, to be referred to a pharmacist.
- Assist with third party billing.
- Set up a schedule for outdated pharmaceuticals.
- Assist with inventory control.
- Assist with checking off and putting away pharmaceutical orders.
- Maintain stocks of pamphlets/consumer information.
- Maintain OTC/non-prescription sections, as designated.