Term: Full Time
Competition #: 19-311
Pharmasave #402, located in Nipawin, is currently looking for a responsible and trustworthy individual to join their team as a Delivery Driver! The successful candidate must be available to work Monday to Friday from noon to 5pm.
The Delivery Driver is responsible for completing deliveries to Cumberland House and Nipawin area. They are responsible for daily vehicle inspections of the company van and maintaining the safety and security of the cargo. This position also requires the candidate to lift and maneuver large packages. They will be responsible for any store maintenance as determined by the Pharmacy Manager.
Applicants should possess superior communication and customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and have the ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
Only those that qualify for an interview will be contacted.
JOB DESCRIPTION: DELIVERY DRIVER
Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager, the Delivery Driver makes deliveries of various items to our customers in a prompt and courteous manner, performs heavy lifting and other duties as required. The Delivery Person must oversee all functions of the delivery vehicle’s condition including a daily vehicle inspection, maintain the safety and security of the cargo, manage payments and balance a cash float. The delivery driver/stockperson is also responsible for the organization and distribution of merchandise, record keeping, and other inventory-related duties as required.
• Do all pickup and deliveries. Update delivery board as required.
• Complete proper delivery documentation. Ensure delivery slips are signed and submitted.
• Ensure all mail is postmarked and mailed every day.
• Bank deposits completed daily.
• Maintain Delivery Automobile including neatness, clean, fuel, oil, tires, and general maintenance when needed.
• Complete monthly totals for delivery record keeping.
COLD STORAGE AND STOCK
• Maintain organization of cold storage facility; accurate list to be kept in Kroll for inventory management
• Ensure adequate stocking boxes on site.
• Manage inventory of kitchen supplies and replace upon request from staff.
• Assist with general organization and movement of stock.
• Co-ordinate all transfers of merchandise between stores and warehouses.
• Break down boxes daily and putting them out for daily pickup.
• Empty all garbage containers in the stockroom, pharmacy, washroom and offices as often as required.
• Carry out minor cleaning of floors via vacuum/mop supplies.
• Sweep sidewalk and entrance, pick up garbage and ensure the store exterior is kept neat. Wash windows, clean all handrails and shovel snow as required.
• Carry out minor maintenance as required, such as replacing burnt out lights and minor repairs to fixtures and displays.
• Co-ordinate repair and order replacement parts for items as required and approved by management.
• Replace water cooler jugs.
• Any other duties as required by the Pharmacy Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Candidates must possess a valid and permanent provincial drivers licence
• Maintain the safety and integrity of the company vehicle
• Must have held a safe driving record for the past 3 years
• Ability to lift and maneuver large packages
• Eligible candidates must provide a drivers abstract dated within the last 30 days
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments
• Strong customer-service skills and a display a high degree of professionalism
• Ability to follow proper procedures and guidelines.