Pharmasave #387, located in Carstairs, AB, is currently accepting resumes for a part time Assistant Front Store Supervisor. Successful candidates must be available to work 24 to 32 hours per week. The usual shifts will be 8 hours on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Saturdays once a month will be required.
The Assistant Front Store Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Front Store Manager with the entire front store. This includes various duties such as handling customer transactions, lottery, staff scheduling/training, merchandising of products, ordering and receiving, assisting in month end billing and reporting, scheduling and other various duties as required. Preference will be given to those with retail and/or management experience.
The successful candidates must have a professional attitude, and excellent communication skills. Applicants must be motivated, possess superior organizational skills and work well both independently and as part of a team.
JOB DESCRIPTION: ASSISTANT FRONT STORE SUPERVISOR
OBJECTIVE: To assist the entire operation of the front store including adherence to Rubicon’s policies, development of a professional image, supervision of front store personnel and maintaining profitable front store operations.
- Develop a clear understanding of store policies. Read the Employee’s Manual. Ask questions if in doubt regarding policies and/or procedures.
- Follow correct procedures regarding floats and cash balancing as per store policy.
- Follow correct cash procedures as outlined in the Employee’s Manual. Follow store policy regarding cheques, credit cards, refunds, voids and rainchecks.
- Accurately record and handle all transactions with minimal voids, overages or shortages.
- Be knowledgeable regarding sale prices and products featured on sales.
- Request a cash pick-up when large sums of money are accumulated. Anticipate requirements for change before running out.
- Courteously, quickly and efficiently handle customer purchases. Call for additional help when aline-up or delay occurs.
- Handle lottery and CBO tickets as per store procedures.
- Handle telephone inquires quickly and courteously. Avoid keeping in-store customers waiting.
- Return shopping carts and baskets to their proper place, ensuring an adequate supply for customers.
- Participate in initiatives to achieve the store’s strategic objectives.
- Ensure superior customer service is provided at all times.
- Promote the Rubicon brand through publishing, presenting, and participation in industry associations to improve brand awareness.
- Follow and promote the Rubicon policy manual to inspire a working environment that attracts and retains talented, committed and engaged employees.
- Ensure all existing and new staff adhere to store policies. Take appropriate corrective actions where violations of store policies occur.
- Assist in managing practices regarding returns, complaints, store security and employee discounts. Delegate such responsibility to responsible staff members.
- Carry out or delegate responsibility for cash handling, daily reports, banking and deposits.
- Ensure proper store opening and closing, security alarm activation and all day-end procedures.
- Ensure proper store maintenance, building security and all store cleanliness and general housekeeping guidelines are followed.
- Ensure that the store projects a warm, friendly and service oriented image to customers.
- Establish a good relationship within the business community.
- Ensure that all areas of the front store are clean, neat and professional.
Inventory and Buying
- Ensure proper inventory control in all departments as per budgets and preferred supplier programs are followed.
- Assist the Store Operator and Front Store Manager in budgeting, buying, inventory and pricing objectives; work to maximize gross margins.
- Set promotional objectives; ensure proper ordering and set-up of the sales.
- Develop an awareness of the competition and marketplace; Carry out changes in promotions, product mix or merchandising to keep up to date.
- Ensure invoices are checked against purchase orders.
- Ensure that all shrinkage is controlled in areas such as returns, paid-outs, internal and external theft, and proper pricing and receiving guidelines are followed.
- Manage Monthly Cycle Count Schedule and inventory reporting to Rubicon Inventory Manager.
- Handle sales representatives utilizing the POS system and check suggested orders from reps for approval; ensure all claims, damages and returns are handled.
- Co-ordinate with the receiver all retail pricing in keeping with store policy and local competition. Ensure all items on the shelf are priced properly, with the correct description, order number and UPC code. Make sure new shelf labels are put out for price changes as soon as possible.
- Support receiver in checking discrepancies in costs, quantities or terms.
- Co-ordinate with the receiver to ensure maintenance and ordering adequate stock of store supplies such as bags etc.
- Ensure all sections are kept up-to-date regarding planogram maintenance to ensure the proper product mix and merchandising is in place.
- Ensure daily facing of all sections, replenishment of stock and new products; delegate such responsibilities to Sales Clerks.
- Co-ordinate all signage and POP materials including: correct placement of window banners, promotional signage and sale shelf talkers.
- Ensure all aspects of merchandising standards are in place at all times.
- Learn and utilize proper merchandising techniques such as shelf label placement, stock rotation and facing. Maintain specific sections as allocated.
- Count inventory as advised by the Front Store Manager.
- Carry out housekeeping duties, ensuring that the store is kept clean, neat and professional. Night staff are to sweep floor every night and mop as required.
- Keep checkouts clean and neat, allowing sufficient room for customers.
- Maintain adequate stock of checkout supplies including bags, staples, till tapes and ribbons, raincheck, charge, and refund forms.
- Keep busy and productive at all times. When cashiering, identify tasks which can be performed between customers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Preference will be given to those with retail and/or management experience.
- Professional image including uniform, name tag and proper grooming.
- Professional attitude and ability to communicate well with customers, co-workers and suppliers.
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence.