Neighbourly and Rubicon Pharmacies is looking for a full-time Accounts Payable Clerk. This is a remote position, but the successful candidate should be based in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Objective: Under the supervision of the Account Payable Manager, this position will be an integral finance team member in the financial support of head office activities and the oversight of new and existing pharmacies, Tim Hortons, and Starbucks.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Tasks will include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Ensure a strong/accurate accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets, and improve operations, efficiencies, and profitability.
- Matching, coding, and processing vendor invoices, expense reports, commissions, and other payment requests.
- Ensure all vendor documentation is managed and filed appropriately.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Handle vendor inquiries and rectify any issues.
- Involved with the cash disbursement process.
- Accounts payable data management.
- Involved in Payables projects.
- Respond to information requests from internal customers.
- Assist the stores with any questions related to accounts payable issues.
- Recommends changes or enhancements to ensure “best practice” policies and procedures to gain synergies across all lines of business units.
- Ensure strong AP controls.
- Support efforts of the management team through preparation and analysis of ad-hoc reporting as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 2 – 3 years experience in Accounts Payable.
- Advanced Excel Skillset (V-look up, Pivot Tables).
- Proficient using Word, Outlook, Zoom, Teams, and Gmail
- Experience using Sage 300 and/or another ERP system
- Experience using Chrome River is an asset
- Formal education in Accounting and/or Business Administration is considered an asset.
- Process automation experience is considered an asset.